Technical Lead - AI and Robotics
HR is looking to revolutionize our crew experience through Digital. Our vision is to integrate Social, Mobile, Analytics, AI, Robotics, and Cloud technologies to empower crew to maximize their impact through an innovative, efficient, and secure experience.
We are looking for a Tech Lead to help drive this vision. This will include researching new technologies, designing solutions and driving the implementation to move the Digital HR agenda and improve Crew Experience. We will be using Design thinking, focus on providing the business value at start-up speed, and LEAN methodology to achieve our outcomes.
The ideal candidate will have the .....
- Ability to provide technical lead services in evaluating and selecting vendor products
- Ability to provide services and directions in getting vendor products evaluated by the Tech Team and provides support in creating arch diagrams
- Ability to design and develop integration between vendor products and other Vanguard systems using technologies like webservices, SOAP etc.
- Ability to provide technical lead services in evaluating new technologies like – Robotics, Chatbots, AI, Mobile, etc.
- Ability to provide services and directions in setting up environments for the new technologies and creating proofs of concepts
- Comfort with full stack development
- Ability to make effective short-term vs long-term trade-offs
- Ability to make evidence-based decisions about architecture, and technical design
- Ability to weigh organizational need vs specific team need for architecture
- Knowledge around Next Generation Applications: Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, etc. (Atlassian Suite)
- Experience working directly with business
- Proficiency with agile principles and methods
Responsibilities on the team will include:
- Defining the technical strategy for the solution, and approach to the NextGen migration
- Implement the proposed solution/s
- Demonstrating and reinforcing engineering excellence
- Ensure that the product satisfies technical design goals –
- Performance, Modularity, Reliability, Maintainability, Reusability, Security, and Accessibility
- Own end-to-end cross-functional system design and long-term evolution path.
- Providing guidance and mentorship to team members
- Define cross-team tech collaboration patterns
Duties and Responsibilities
Provides senior level IT technical lead services and direction (which may include) software, middleware, and/or hardware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on a single platform. Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. May approve solutions proposed by team members. Resolves complex issues uncovered by testers and internal clients.
Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. May screen resumes, interviews, make hiring and assignment recommendations, and write reviews.
Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff with less experience and identifies training needs.
Communicates with technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project's technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies.
Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members, (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
May participate in design, code, and test Inspections throughout product life cycle to contribute technical expertise and to identify issues. Presents technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
For teams without a BSA, performs this staff member's duties, including interviewing business liaisons to write the functional requirements. In the absence of the project manager, performs this staff member's duties, including coordinating daily systems analysis and development activities.
Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures. Verifies team's deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Five years experience in technical specialty. For development technical leads, includes two years' developer experience.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Experience with vendor products and vendor product management process a plus
- Experience with SSO, SAML a plus
- Experience with cloud apps a plus
- Experience as a Field Security Architect a plus
- Experience with data governance and controls
Advanced knowledge of the following technical lead practices and concepts:
- Full product life cycle
- Performance and stress testing
- Quality assurance methodology and Inspections
- Technical standards and deliverables
- Migration and integration
- Estimating, including design, development/purchase, and installation
- For development only: Production acceptance (including elevations), data modeling, data sharing, reusable components, and related advanced development standards
See additional information for the specific requirements for this posting
- Strong written and oral communication skills, preferred
- Advanced knowledge of a wide range of technologies within technical specialty - from state of the art to legacy systems, preferred
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top