Security Application Engineering team is seeking a Technical Lead who will be involved in all facets of the software delivery process. This individual must provide thought leadership and help build out the security application roadmap. Will work on medium size projects or multiple small projects with timelines of 3-12 months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides senior level IT technical lead services and direction (which may include) software, middleware, and/or hardware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on a single platform. Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. May approve solutions proposed by team members. Resolves complex issues uncovered by testers and internal clients.
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. May screen resumes, interviews, make hiring and assignment recommendations, and write reviews.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff with less experience and identifies training needs.
- Communicates with technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project's technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies.
- Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members, (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- May participate in design, code, and test Inspections throughout product life cycle to contribute technical expertise and to identify issues. Presents technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures. Verifies team's deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Eight (8) years' experience in technical specialty. Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Working knowledge of authentication, authorization, certification/governance, monitoring, cryptography and experience in security best practices
- Working experience with Rest Web services, SSO/Federation architectures, Site minder, Spring User Detail Services, Fast Identity Online and other authentication/authorization protocols
- Experience with build automation tools/techniques. Java/J2EE programming experience in designing, coding, testing and implementing large enterprise applications
- Knowledge of Spring Framework and Cloud
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, conceptual and leadership skills
- Advanced knowledge of full product life cycle, performance and stress testing, quality assurance methodology and deliverables, migration and integration, and with estimating design/development.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more IT platforms such as IBM Mainframe, Microsoft Windows NT, Unix, Lotus Notes, and Visio
- Strong written and oral communication skills preferred, along with advanced knowledge of one or more testing tools, performance tools, and scripting languages, preferred.
Some remote and off hour support may be needed
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top