Technical Expert Lead
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks career-oriented individuals for experienced Software Engineers. Vanguard IT resources are central to the success of our business goals. IT resources work on meaningful and impactful projects. We have pride in what we do and know we are making a difference to Vanguard investors.
We believe that IT is a trusted partner that:
- Delights clients and prospects through exceptional technology-based experiences,
- Helps business partners envision possibilities and reach their goals through innovative solutions that drive Vanguard’s core purpose,
- Enables Vanguard to be a best place to work and,
- is driven by a highly engaged and effective workforce.
The latest methodologies and IT practices are used
- Lean Scrum/Agile and Kanban Project Management Processes
- Test Driven Development and Automated Testing, Unit, Regression, Performance, Application Vulnerability
- Continuous Delivery
- Ideation and Innovation
Vanguard IT uses the latest technologies and programming languages
PHP, Rails, Grails, and Django frameworks
Visual Basic .NET
Source Code Repository: Subversion & Tortoise SVN , Bitbucket & GIT
Continuous Integration: Jenkins
Build Pipeline: Bamboo
Caching Local: EhCache, Gemfire
Runtime Environment: tcServer, Pivotal Cloud Foundry to host Spring Boot Apps Running Embedded Tomcat
Document Management: Sharepoint, Confluence
Project Management: JIRA/JIRA Agile
DB2 and IDAA, Exadata
COBOL, Easytrieve , JCL, MQ Series
Java on the Host
Unix/Linux, Shell Scripting
We are a digital first company that invests significantly on technology to achieve our business goals. Vanguard’s growth has led to an increased need for talented software engineers and technology leaders. The prospective candidates:
- will have an opportunity to join a team that is highly collaborative and is staunched in finding innovative solutions to business problems, and
- will join a team that build products and solutions for the Retail and Advisory business in one or more of the following:
- Web development
- Mobi Apps
- Data Analytics & Client Insights
- Business Process Automation
- Digital Transformation for all client contacts
- Gaining operational efficiency
We have invested heavily in the following architecture and the prospective candidate will join a team that uses these paradigms to meet business imperatives:
- Client Side Architecture using Angular JS and REST
- Spring Framework
- Reactive Principles
- Cloud Native Applications
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Distributed applications and microservices
We are looking for highly motivated and passionate candidates to join a full stack team that will deliver business outcomes rapidly, drive process changes, standardization of tools and establish best practices and join a team that has a culture of embracing change and dynamic as we go through the large scale transformation in Vanguard IT. Most project teams follow agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban; some are adopting LEAN principles.
Below are some of the experiences and skills that we look for in the ideal candidate.
- Minimum of eight years software engineering and developer experience.
- Ability to influence the technical direction of the organization outside one’s own team.
- Demonstrated the ability to train less tenured developers.
- Experienced in designing high quality software systems.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively at all levels.
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills and willingness to work with others is essential.
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following tools and programming languages:
- Java stack of technologies
- REST and Jersey
- Spring Framework
- Distributed Caching Framework
- Node JS
- Unit Testing Frameworks such jUnits, Protractor Jasmine etc.
- Automated testing frameworks such as Selenium
- Collaboration tools such as Cucumber
- Design patterns and Software engineering principles such as SOLID and Domain Driven Design
Below are some of the qualifications that are preferred
- Knowledge of Financial services industry
- Emergent Technologies and FinTech
Available in Pennsylvania and North Carolina sites.
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
Back to top