Technical Expert - Identity and Access Management Lead
As a Technical Lead within the Security Services Group team you will have the opportunity to lead security services projects services ranging from Authentication and Authorization Services, both on premise and as part of a cloud offering. In this role, you will have the ability to build security solutions that will continue to further strengthen Vanguard's security fingerprint while also simplifying and improving the end user experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides expert level IT technical lead services and direction for critical software, middleware, and/or hardware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on multiple platforms. Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Design, monitor and maintain enterprise wide Privileged Identity and Access Management solution, multifactor/advanced authentication access, remote access, and password management.
- Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Approves the team's technical deliverables. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Approves technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevates complex technical issues to IT experts, including architects and vendors. Resolves technical problems discovered by testers and internal clients. Responds to and resolves technical issues in a timely manner. Researches issues and performs root cause analysis.
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. Screens resumes of team members, interviews, makes hiring and assignment recommendations, and writes reviews.
- Maintains a current and working knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff and identifies training needs. As new standards are instituted, ensures their usage by team members. A Technical Lead II should be able to perform as a Developer III.
- Communicates with other technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project's technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies and effectively persuades and influences others on ideas.
- Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout product life cycle to identify issues. Participates as a technical consultant at other project meetings. Presents technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
- For teams without a BSA, performs this staff member's duties, including interviewing business liaisons to diagram process flows and to write functional requirements. In the absence of the project manager, performs this staff member's duties, including coordinating daily systems analysis and development activities.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in technical specialty. For development technical leads, includes three years' developer experience.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry
- Strong knowledge of Web Access Management and SSO technologies (Okta, Azure, Ping Federate, SAML, OAuth, and OpenID/Connect, CA SiteMinder Federation)
- Experience and technical leadership with Identity and Access Management solutions and advanced level knowledge of tools like Sailpoint, CA SiteMinder
- Code/Customize the IAM product when needed and provide guidance and mentor junior resources and contractors
- Hands on experience with Radiant Logic and Active Directory preferred
Experience with web development and scripting languages (Java, Perl, Python, Java Script, JSON, PowerShell, etc.)
- Strong knowledge on Amazon's AWS services (i.e. VPCs, SES, RC2, R3, Route 53, Cloud Formation, etc.)
- CISSP or similar security certification will be a plus
- Unix/Linux server administration experience and demonstrated understanding of Unix LDAP bridging technology.
Expert knowledge of the following technical lead practices and concepts:
- Full product life cycle
- IT vendor product assessment
- Architecture design
- Wide range of technologies within technical specialty - from state of the art to legacy systems
- Performance and stress testing
- Quality assurance methodology and Inspections
- Technical standards and deliverables
- Migration and integration
- Estimating, including design, development/purchase, and installation
- For development only: Production acceptance (including elevations), data modeling, data sharing, reusable components, and related advanced development practices
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top