Tech Lead - Infrastructure Cloud Analytics & Machine Learning
Build the products that are changing an industry
The CTO Cloud Analytics Service team has a position available for a Tech Lead for AWS Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Services engineering and enablement. To support robust engineering of solutions, you will have opportunity to coach/lead developers within team on all aspects of engineering AWS services. We would expect for you to be dedicated, take ownership of the technical aspects of various AWS services, be strategic thinker to be able to find creative engineering solutions, and grow to become expert who would provide architecture and design recommendations to CTO management plus clients of CTO team. Are you ready to make a difference?
In this role you will
- We will utilize your expert level IT technical lead services and direction for critical software, middleware, and/or hardware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on multiple platforms. Provide technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas. Complete complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- We encourage you to recommend development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Approve the team's technical work, and conduct testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- We will look for you to identify potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Approve technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevate complex technical issues to IT experts, including architects and vendors. Resolve technical issues in a timely manner including researching issues, and performs root cause analysis.
- We will require you to communicate with project managers on a frequent basis. Identify tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules while providing realistic task and cost estimates.
- We will have you also participate in design, code, and test inspections throughout the PLC to identify issues. This includes participation as a technical consultant at other project meetings which includes presenting technical status and landmark reviews.
Bring invention to investing
You'll continuously deliver imaginative solutions that also satisfy business needs. Your fresh ideas will directly impact one of our strategic focus areas and help us redefine the world of mutual funds. Your analytical approach to problem-solving, underpinned by strong interpersonal skills, will make you a valuable member of a reciprocal team that shares ideas and solves problems in new ways. And at every stage of the process you'll enjoy many opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Eight years experience in technical specialty. For development technical leads, includes three years' developer experience.
- Strong, proven analysis and analytical skills
- Prior investment/financial services industry
- Expertise in Full product life cycle and IT vendor product assessment
Specializations that'll make an impact
- Architecture design with a wide range of technologies within technical specialty - from state of the art to legacy systems
- Performance and stress testing with security, migration, and integration
- AWS certification is preferable in one of the following domains: AWS Developer, Architect, Big Data/ ML
- Experience in engineering at least one of AWS services such as EC2, Cloud formation, EMR, AWS S3, Glue, SageMaker, etc.
- Experience in at least one of programming languages such as Python, Scala and Java
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Bamboo, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Ansible, Nexus, etc.
- Analytics technologies such as HIVE, Presto, Hadoop, Tableau, etc.
- Knowledge in general AI/ML concepts including Unix scripting/Linux configuration required
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top