Tech Lead - Automation
We are seeking to add senior technical talent to the Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE) team. In this role, you will provide technical leadership and strategic direction in building out Vanguard’s testing automation capabilities and successful implementation of Test Driven Development. You will help drive the test transformation program by defining the future test automation framework, help define the standards and best practices for test tool automation, as well as incorporate learning from industry trends and technology in test automation.
- Play a key role in enabling continuous testing in current architecture as well as cloud application architecture.
- Provide technical leadership and strategic direction for VGI Testing Automation Practice
- Define and develop Vanguard’s Testing Technical Architecture; define appropriate integrated testing services for each aspect of the current and future development architecture (Web, Mobil, Cloud, etc)
- Work with Continuous Integration team to integrate the automated testing into our daily development process and deployment pipeline
- Define flexible heterogeneous test automation Architecture and supporting infrastructure and tools (Junits, Jasmine, Cucumber, Jersey, Selenium)
- Lead efforts to seamless integrate all test types into a continuous delivery solution
- Design and develop enterprise wide, re-usable testing productivity components and or frameworks
- Lead efforts to develop or acquire tools and techniques to optimize and automate all testing types (functional, performance, regression, etc)
- Deep understanding of the development tool sets (Subversion, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube) so the test automation tools can be integrated into CI/CD solutions
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering Development (Java based)
- 3+ years of technical experience in test automation and in design and development of automation frameworks covering different technology and application platforms
- Subject matter expert in software testing standards, processes, methodologies, tools and patterns
- Results Oriented with a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility
- Experience in implementing test automation development efforts in an Agile SCRUM development environment
- Ability to effectively communicate processes and architectural design to different audiences
- Thorough understanding of mainstream and emerging technology standards and advancements in software test automation
- Background in implementation of large, multi-tier scalable systems
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery and applying test automation in the deployment pipeline
- Development experience with RESTful Web Services API’s, Java, Angular JS as well as desktop applications in .NET, C++
- Experience in implementing Test Data automation solutions for continuous testing in CI/CD
- Experience in implementing test automation for the host code (Java on Host, Cobol, Batch programs as well as SP/SR)
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top