Team Leader - Institutional Recordkeeping
To supervise the day to day operations in the VISTA Core Transaction Services department and to participate in the development, implementation and administration of various strategic initiatives within the department.
1. Supervises staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, terminates, evaluates and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Ensures that all processing activities for all plans handled within the team are executed in accordance with Business Unit Indicators.
3. Ensures that unit functions are performed in accordance with divisional policies and procedures.
4. Ensures that divisional objectives are accomplished in accordance with deadlines outlined in the business plan. Supports the implementation of new services and technologies by playing a role in departmental project efforts.
5. Identifies VISTA and VISION problems and develops recommendations to improve workflows, procedures and system capabilities.
6. Monitors trends for assigned plans within the unit and communicates to Institutional Client Services via communication meetings.
7. Tracks department statistics. Gathers, compiles and analyzes information on operations and potential impact on business.
8. Resolves the most complex problems that arise in the area.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years related experience including a minimum of two years of Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Defined Contribution Plans/401(k) regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of VISTA & VISION systems.
- Knowledge of Institutional policies & workflows preferred.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and execute tasks within critical or limited time frames.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Knowledge of Vanguard personnel policies and procedures preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Supervises 10 – 20 non-exempt crew members.
Back to top