Tax Manager- Broker/Dealer/Securities
To lead the Tax Services organization, business strategy and service offer, this is inclusive of both transfer agency and broker-dealer regulatory requirements.
Vanguard strives to help investors achieve their financial goals by providing the highest-value investment-related products and services. This includes a Retail Operations Tax Team who can assist our clients with their complex tax issues and questions. This group is comprised of industry leading experts who offer unbiased guidance, perceptive solutions, and exceptional service. We are currently seeking a Tax Manager to guide and enhance this high-performing team.
In this role, you'll lead the Tax Services organization – both its business strategy and service offer – as well as manage a team of highly skilled, motivated staff. Bring your future to Vanguard, and you'll benefit from opportunities to lead accomplished professionals, a culture of career mobility, and a flexible and well-balanced work environment.
How you'll spend your days:
As a Tax Manager, you'll spend your days developing crew by providing guidance, personalized coaching, and constructive feedback. Fostering an inclusive, collaborative, and challenging work environment will enable a culture of engagement and trust. Your crew will seek your expertise in resolving elevated and complex client issues.
In addition to leading crew, you'll manage tax reporting functions for the Retail Division, including strategizing the Tax Services offer via process optimization, technology enhancements, organizational design changes, and competitive analysis. You'll ensure regulatory execution by monitoring the regulatory landscape, interpreting regulations, analyzing controls and risk management, and confirming readiness for regulatory inspections and examinations.
As a leader on the Tax team, you'll develop budgets, ensure adherence to service levels, oversee business processes to ensure compliance, efficiency and effectiveness, and assess internal workflows, procedures, and controls. You'll cultivate effective working relationships with team members, business partners, and external clients in order to share information, collaborate on strategies, and resolve issues.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required. MBA/CPA/MS in Taxation preferred
- Minimum five years general management experience and five years related business experience; three years of management/supervisory experience preferred
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation, diplomacy and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of securities and/or broker/dealer industry needed (and BETA, VAST systems preferred)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, work independently with attention to detail in a deadline oriented, fast paced and ambiguous environment
- Excellent planning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated client relationship management skills.
- Ability to work with and influence all levels of Vanguard management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others and foster teamwork
- Demonstrated project management skills
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top