Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks Tax Analyst to provide tax planning, research and compliance services to Vanguard’s investment entities and their investors.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
I. Prepares IRS Forms 1120-RIC, 8613, international tax filings, and tax provisions for Vanguard mutual funds. Obtains or provides peer review when applicable.
II. Evaluates simple mergers, acquisitions, spin offs and other corporate transactions to determine US tax impacts. Partners with other FFS departments to ensure optimal tax accounting and reporting.
III. Prepares all book-tax difference computations: straddles, PFIC, derivatives, partnership accounting, FTC reporting, convertible securities, Section 382/CLCF, CFC reporting, RIC qualification, and shareholder reporting support. Prepares uncertain tax positions work papers under ASC 740. Assists with response to external auditors for financial reporting under GAAP.
IV. Keeps abreast of legislative and regulatory tax developments in the mutual fund industry domestically and internationally. Identifies and suggests changes, implements tax planning opportunities in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and tax law.
V. Maintains documented procedures. Consistently evaluates procedures for process improvements.
VI. Responds to various requests for tax analysis of investments and shareholder impacts.
VII. Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with internal groups.
VIII. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent combination of training and experience. Progress towards an accounting qualification preferred.
- At least two years general experience including one year directly related accounting or tax experience.
- Previous knowledge of mutual fund industry preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Back to top