Systems Engineer - Intermediate
Vanguard embraces creative problem solving and innovative thinking – especially when it comes solution delivery. All of our employees are challenged to maximize their own focus, resourcefulness and diversity… (And we take work-life balance and personal/professional development very seriously).Our Enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance program is leveraging the industry leading RSA Archer product. If you have a combination of experience in both software development and 3rd party product configuration and integration, a passion to learn and grow and a focus on security, Vanguard is the place to be. The successful candidate will be able to marry technical experience and the specialized training provided to become an Archer System Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translates intermediate-level user-defined capabilities into system/product requirements. Works with more experienced technology specialists to understand business rationale and client expectations.
- Assesses the feasibility of requirement implementation and makes informed recommendations to management. Suggests mutually agreeable alternatives, when applicable.
- Implements agreed upon solutions to documented business needs. Customizes (recodes) standard third-party vendor products to comply with business needs.
- Evaluates success of product modification and regularly monitors performance to ensure ongoing utility. Resolves complex issues as they arise.
- Integrates third-party products into the Vanguard environment, frequently with the collaboration of Systems Integration teams. Evaluates vendor products with respect to technical requirements to fill business capability needs, product maturity, and integration complexity.
- Provides subject matter expertise in assigned projects through all phases of the development lifecycle. Defines field of use, standards, and best practices around assigned products and technologies.
- Supports assigned products by responding independently to client inquiries and resolving issues of intermediate complexity.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in software development or system engineering role utilizing the following technologies:
- Microsoft IIS Webserver, Apache Webserver
- SQL stored procs/queries
- REST services
- Experience with RSA Archer GRC platform is a plus.
- Understanding of software engineering processes and system development life cycles (Agile, Waterfall).
- Strong problem solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integration.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills and capability to lead teams.
- Experience with UI design best practices is a plus.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top