Supplier Partner Manager
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Supply Partner Manager to manage a team and provide leadership in designing, developing and implementing Information Technology solutions in support of the business, according to VSA standards and policies.
- Oversees day to day compliance activities of the IT Supplier Partner(s) personal: approximately 25% of IT’s total FTEs in multiple international locations by 2020, with Vanguard policies and operating practices.
- Coordinates day to day oversight by other Vanguard finance and risk groups such as Procurement, Corporate Financial Services, Information Security, IT Security Office, Business Access Management, and Business Continuity Planning.
- Functions as a single point of contact for Vanguard’s Systems Integration sub-divisions for managing and constantly improving Supplier Partner support requirements.
- Assist in implementing best practices with respect to various delivery models such as a managed service with the Supplier Partner.
- Oversee activities to improve Supplier Partner performance with respect to meeting contractual obligations such as agreed upon service level requirements.
- Lead tactical level governance forums with senior IT leadership to oversee portfolio level Supplier Partner performance and track remediation and improvement opportunities as needed.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience preferred. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum eight to ten years of IT supplier management experience, including five to six years as a Line Manager.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including interviewing and presentation skills.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in technical and business situations.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry and strong business acumen.
- Expert knowledge in a broad base of legacy and emerging technologies and their life cycles.
- Expert knowledge of multiple IT platforms and methodologies.
Back to top