Supervisor - Fund Reporting, Expenses and Distributions
To assume accountability and responsibility for the daily operations and crew development for a team within the FFS-Fund Reporting, Expenses and Distributions group. To participate in the development, implementation and administration of various strategic initiatives within the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff, including frequent one-on-one meetings with crew. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, recommends wage increases/adjustments in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations to ensure accurate and timely execution of group's key deliverables. Reviews selected quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports for accuracy prior to filing with SEC and other regulatory agencies. Supports expense, dividend and capital gain distribution process, and tax reporting functions as assigned. Serves as first point of contact and technical expert for the department by responding to inquiries from colleagues. Shares knowledge and assists colleagues with problem resolution. Ensures controls are implemented and flawlessly executed to mitigate risk.
- Develops and maintains broad knowledge and awareness of current fund events and regulatory changes that may impact department responsibilities. Analyzes the impacts of changes and supports management in facilitating the implementation of these changes within the department.
- Ensures that team achieves significant accomplishments with a positive impact on department results through effective communication and coordination with other functional groups. Builds expertise and identifies best practices that promote operational excellence and advocates positive change.
- Assesses current department procedures and proposes/implements changes to strengthen internal controls, enhance efficiency and maximize the usage of technology. Considers impact of procedural changes on Fund Financial Services, internal, and external clients. Ensures smooth implementation of new processes.
- Drives business results through statistical analysis of business process, crew, and clients. Leads initiatives to reduce business risk and improve processes based on data collected.
- Maintains updated documentation for all processes, procedures and work flows to ensure consistent and accurate execution of business functions.
- Develops and implements business plans to achieve departmental objectives. Works with management in the planning, development and execution of short and long range goals and strategies to meet department and corporate objectives. Supports department and Vanguard initiatives by leading Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence, business risk management, and other project efforts. Effectively communicates and presents results to management.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (Accounting, Finance or Business preferred) or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of three years investment operations experience. Prior supervisory/management skills preferred.
- Proficiency in Fund Accounting procedures preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills and business ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to function in fast paced, ambiguous environment.
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to interact successfully and build strong working relationships with various internal and external groups on a daily basis.
You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions. For more information see the following article.
Available to work beyond core hours in order to meet business needs.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Supervisor will have up to 5 direct reports.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top