Strategy & Operations Manager
- Malvern, PA
Collect the insights to stand for investors
At Vanguard, our mission is to help investors meet their financial goals, and that starts with providing the analytical insights they need. The strategic use of data is important to helping our business develop new capabilities and solutions. Leads a team of product owners and scrum masters responsible for developing and executing against strategic vision and road map for data science & experimentation labs with well-defined, cross-divisional impact, demonstrating a deep understanding of data science solutions and associated business areas. Products often have enterprise-wide implications.
- Hires, evaluates, and supervises crew. Provides guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Oversees portfolios of work for multiple labs with cross-divisional impact to ensure strategic focus and impact.
- Influences and collaborates with cross-functional teams to create best practices that drive significant change to business applications of AI/ML and outcomes. Ensures business outcomes are linked to business case drivers.
- Provides guidance and coaches product owners and scrum masters towards best practices and learning.
- Facilitates strong business support through working with team members to promote a consistent approach to decisions/impacts and client propositions. Drives connection across all appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads the strategy, integration and process management changes to support launch of new solutions with cross-divisional impact. Stays connected with best practices internal/external of usage of advanced analytics to drive business results.
- Influences and employs a variety of analysis techniques to continually improve KPI measurement of CAI outcomes and processes.
- Participates in and influences ongoing business planning and departmental prioritization activities.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight years related business experience. Three years of leading large cross-functional teams on major organizational projects preferred. Previous people-leadership experience strongly preferred.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top