Sr. Windows Administrator
The Sr. Administrator is responsible for providing high-level technical support for Vanguard’s windows server environment. In addition, the ideal candidate will provide support and mentoring for the windows administration team.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serves as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for the team in all matters of the Windows technical infrastructure, evaluates all tactical & strategic technical initiatives to assess their impact, and proactively coordinates crew activities to ensure that all projects are completed efficiently, effectively, and in a timely manner, with no disruption to the operation.
2. Performs problem diagnosis & resolution for problems of advanced to expert complexity in the DEV & PROD Windows infrastructure. Provides senior technical assistance to the team in coordinating problem resolution activities and in quickly restoring service.
3. Demonstrates technical excellence for issues of advanced to expert complexity in the Windows environment through effective problem solving & troubleshooting skills, and the ability to assess technical impacts and risks in a wide variety of extremely complex situations.
4. Demonstrates expert technical & leadership skills and the ability to direct problem resolution, support & maintenance activities in an highly-integrated, high-performance, cohesive team, and especially during complex problem resolution, maintenance, & outage events.
5. Organizes efforts to proactively identify opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the way we manage the Windows environment & the applications it supports. Leads efforts to improve the way we work with other teams to ensure consistency, increased productivity & expertise, and our overall value to the enterprise.
6. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years related experience.
- Expert knowledge of the following:
- Windows Server 2000 and 2003, 32 bit and 64 bit platforms (including Active Directory, Reskit, R2 tools, Terminal server, FSRM
- Networking, VPN, RAS, Citrix Client, Wireless, SMS
- Virtual Server – Microsoft VM and VMWARE ESX 5.0 and above
- Microsoft clustering Windows 2000 and Windows 2003
- Microsoft ISA – proxy, VPN
- Citrix Presentation server 4.5 , Client
- SQL server
- HP Server hardware knowledge
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Additional Job Description:
This is a new position being established to form a new IOPS team in Charlotte, NC. This position is located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Products: VMware VSphere, Vcenter, SCOM, ServiceNow,
OS: Windows Server 2008 R2/2012, ESxi 5.x
Technology: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory
Skills: ITIL best practices in Problem and Incident Mgmt
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top