Sr. Tax and Wealth Planning Specialist - CFP
- Scottsdale, AZ
The Sr. Tax and Wealth Planning Specialist will improve and add value to Personal Advisor Service offering by providing high quality wealth and tax planning consultations to Personal Advisor Services clients with the most complex needs and situations.
In this role you will:
- Provide holistic financial and income tax planning consultations to UHNW Personal Advisor Service clients with AUM of $5MM or more. Leverage expert knowledge of tax and financial planning topics to develop solutions to complex and unique client financial situations. Focus on income tax planning, retirement planning, education funding analysis, executive compensation issues and stock option analysis, asset allocation analysis, charitable planning, business succession, asset protection, insurance and estate and wealth transfer planning. Collaborate with business partners for the benefit of the client, and works with client's other advisors to coordinate delivery of expert financial planning services.
- Understand and analyze client's circumstances and objectives, reviews client's income tax returns and estate and wealth planning documents, and makes appropriate recommendations on complex and unique situations, based upon clients goals. Educates clients with respect to tax and financial planning matters. Articulate technical concepts in an understandable way and documents and provides subsequent communications to clients and internal business partners. Possess the ability to process information with high levels of accuracy, and understands the need to be detailed and accurate. Communicate effectively by transmitting, receiving, and accurately interpreting ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Serve as a department subject matter expert and thought leader on tax and financial planning matters. May provide subject matter expertise to RIG initiatives, such as blogs, web articles and webcasts.
- Promote training and development of junior team members, and supports Wealth & Estate Planning Services in efforts to build and develop wealth planning acumen of PAS UHNW advisors.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree in finance related discipline. CPA required.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive financial planning or income tax experience, including working with ultra high net worth clientele.
- CFP eligible, or ability to obtain CFP
- Proven ability to practice discretion in confidential matters.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with clients and other crew members at all levels.
- Proven ability to collaborate and execute
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent writing, speaking and client relationship skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications - Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
This position may be virtual.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top