Sr. Site Reliability Engineer - MarTech
- Malvern, PA
Make investing seamlessly simple
At Vanguard, we continue to invest in transforming our organizations to support the rapid growth of marketing. Driven by core tenets of modern marketing - agile marketing, digital experience, Big Data, customer-centricity, compelling content, and marketing automation - we focused on designing structures, operating models, and processes that will enable us to support our business imperatives effectively. We believe that transformation is a movement that requires alignment of team values and mindset to build a cohesive culture across our business and technology teams.
The Enterprise MarTech Platforms technology group is empowering Vanguard Marketing divisions to reach their audiences in more meaningful and relevant ways, driving incremental business value with personalized, data-driven contextually relevant experiences. We never stop working to make investing simpler, seamless, and more successful for our clients. We combine the art of content and the science of experimentation to power world-class, coordinated customer and prospect experiences across digital and traditional marketing channels.
You will be a key member of Vanguard's DevSecOps Engineering team within the Enterprise MarTech Platforms organization, responsible for driving continuous improvement and automation to increase reliability, availability, performance, and overall system health of Vanguard's MarTech platforms and ecosystem. You have a systematic understanding of all components of a modern web application stack, including front-end, networking, and systems level knowledge. You are passionate about distributed systems and working with highly scalable services, and energized by learning current cloud technologies. In this role, you will be focused on making better software and continuously improving the development, integration, and deployment processes across our Enterprise MarTech platforms.
In this role you will:
- Are passionate about distributed systems and working with highly scalable services
- Are excited about making better software and continuously improving the development, integration, and deployment processes
- Measurably improve MarTech platform maturity and scalability through process improvement and root cause analysis
- Influence MarTech platform design for scalability, reliability and performance
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product to translate business, and technical requirements into architectural designs and feature releases
- Drive efficiencies through software improvement and root cause analysis resulting in platform delivery, maturity, and scalability
- Work within a highly skilled team of engineers to deliver revolutionary improvements to the cloud and scale
- Ability to post-mortem unexpected incidents related to MarTech platforms to solve future hazards
- Skilled in evaluating new possibilities and capacity planning aptitudes
- Continually improving monitoring, alerting, and automation of MarTech ecosystem to increase reliability, availability, performance, and overall system health
- Champion the best Monitoring setup/Control reporting
- Work with operations / Cloud Ops teams to ensure applications and services are highly available and reliable.
- Modernizing the environments tools and technologies to support the IT strategic goals of continuous delivery and cloud migration.
- Automating and implementing the build and maintenance of MarTech application environments
- Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout MarTech product life cycle to identify issues. Participates as a technical consultant for MarTech solution design meetings.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels
- Works with DevSecOps to understand and comply with Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Extensive experience with and a real passion for Agile (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe), Lean, Extreme Programming (XP)
- Desired technologies: Angular JS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, REST-based web services, Linux, AWS
- Strong understanding of site reliability engineering (SRE) concepts and monitoring tools (Splunk, AppDynamics)
- Experience leveraging cloud architecture, applying site reliability principles, and/or demonstrating sensitivity to operational concerns
- Experience with Atlassian suite (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence), Git, Maven, Jenkins, Selenium, Nexus, Artifactory
Specializations that will make an impact:
- Understanding of key monitoring concepts (4 Golden Signals, RED, USE)
- Knowledge of the following technology practices and concepts:
- Full software development lifecycle
- Marketing Technology architecture
- Performance and stress testing
- Quality assurance methodology and inspections
- Technical standards and deliverables
- Migration and integration
- Estimating, including design, development/purchase, and installation
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top