Sr. Scrum Master
- Malvern, PA
Create the products that are changing an industry
We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of working, you'll optimize products and keep our client experience improving at an accelerated pace. As an Agile Scrum Master you will manage a team that supports Vanguard's messaging product suite which provides services for client outbound email and text messaging capabilities. The Enterprise Messaging Team (EMT) develops and supports several applications as well as third-party vendor tools. The team is currently working on rewriting the email legacy application using NGA and AWS. There will also be a sizeable effort to coordinate the migration of other Vanguard applications from the legacy email system to the new email services. The ideal candidate will possess strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities, project management tools and coordinate with other application teams.
- Manages technology projects or multiple technical workstreams within a broader project or program. Develops, implements, and monitors project plans. Contributes expertise to major project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Provides insight on best practices and common obstacles based on prior experiences. Serves as a trusted advisor to ensure strategies are aligned with the overall company strategy and market conditions.
- Communicates project status and issues regularly to stakeholders, including leaders, team members, and senior managers.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships. Proactively fosters communication between internal and external project stakeholders. Influences key decisions across stakeholder groups.
- Proactively identifies, manages, and mitigates risks and any related issues on technology projects. Communicates solutions on key issues or projects to management and stakeholders to obtain their input and buy-in as appropriate.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years related work experience. Two years of managing a project preferred. Financial Services and technical experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in related field (Computer Science, Engineering) required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top