Sr. Product Manager: Marketing Automation & Enablement
- Malvern, PA
Create the products that are changing an industry.
At Vanguard, we continue to invest in redefining our organizations to support the rapid growth of marketing. Driven by core tenets of modern marketing - agile marketing, digital experience, Big Data, customer-centricity, compelling content, and marketing automation - we are passionate about crafting structures, operating models, and processes that will enable us to support our business imperatives effectively. We believe that transformation is a movement that requires alignment of team values and mentality to build a cohesive culture across our business and technology teams.
The Enterprise Martech Platforms group is empowering Vanguard Marketing divisions to reach their audiences in more significant and relevant ways, driving incremental business value with personalized, data-driven content experiences. We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. We combine the art of content and the science of experimentation to power best-in-class, coordinated customer and prospect experiences across digital and traditional marketing channels.
Your focus will be on driving and implementing the vision for evolving Vanguard's platform capabilities around campaign management, sales and CRM enablement, and workflow automation. You will lead a team of product owners who are accountable for directing and prioritizing the activities of agile teams, based on a relentless focus on client needs and a strong understanding of business drivers. Additionally collaborating with Vanguard's business teams to understand their respective marketing and sales workflow automation, integration, and enablement needs across the customer journey.
In this high-visibility role, you will:
- Develop and communicate the strategic vision and strategy for Vanguard's Enterprise Marketing Automation & Enablement Platform products and capabilities, demonstrating a deep understanding of the underlying product(s) and associated business areas, and how these fit into the broader marketing technology ecosystem within Vanguard
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of how Vanguard divisions/marketing teams engage, utilize, and integrate with the campaign management tools (across both B2B and B2C platforms) to uncover unmet and emerging needs of our business
- Partner with Vanguard's B2B business teams to understand use cases or opportunities to improve data, insights, or other capabilities within the sales enablement platforms to support better lead gen/management, as well as requirements for sharing lead / client insights more easily between the CRM and Sales platforms Work with divisional marketing teams to identify platform integration requirements to enable omni-channel marketing campaigns (e.g. integration of digital channels with call center)
- Understand how marketing automation platforms will be proven for lead scoring, nurturing, lead management, campaign management and triggers, as well as how these tools (Sales, CRM, and campaign management) will need to integrate
- Provide strategic oversight on the implementation of JIRA as Enterprise MRM/Workflow Management platform
- Build positive relationships and trust with our internal Divisional clients, serve as an advisor and advocate for the solutions being positioned by the Martech Platforms team
- Promote Vanguard's New Ways of Working by supporting agile product development and delivery efforts related to campaign management
- Work closely with Martech Engineering and DevSecOps to translate business/marketing end-user requirements into technical / solution design /security and compliance requirements
- Manage and coordinate vendor relationships to ensure vendor roadmaps advise product roadmaps
- Support overall Martech Platforms strategy and vision, understand how the initiatives connect back to our Roadmap and ultimately deliver value to Vanguard clients and internal divisional stakeholders
WHAT IT TAKES (QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Marketing (preferred)
- Enterprise campaign management systems (e.g. Salesforce, IBM Campaign, Adobe Marketing Platforms, etc.)
- Enterprise CRM and Sales Enablement tools (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics, SalesForce, Oracle CRM; Seismic)
- Workflow Automation tools (e.g. JIRA, Workfront, Aprimo) preferred
- Experience leading large cross-functional teams on major interpersonal projects preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Also, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top