Sr. Network Engineer - IT Security
To provide senior level IT technical lead services, including the direction, evaluation, selection, configuration, implementation, and integration of new or existing technologies and tools. This role is seated within the ES&F (Enterprise Security & Fraud) division and will support all efforts associated with Telecom work driven by various cloud initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides senior level IT technical lead services and direction (which may include) software, middleware, and/or hardware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on a single platform. Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. May approve solutions proposed by team members. Resolves complex issues uncovered by testers and internal clients.
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. May screen resumes, interviews, make hiring and assignment recommendations, and write reviews.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff with less experience and identifies training needs.
- Communicates with technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project's technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies.
- Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members, (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- May participate in design, code, and test Inspections throughout product life cycle to contribute technical expertise and to identify issues. Presents technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
- For teams without a BSA, performs this staff member's duties, including interviewing business liaisons to write the functional requirements. In the absence of the project manager, performs this staff member's duties, including coordinating daily systems analysis and development activities.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures. Verifies team's deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Five years experience in technical specialty. For development technical leads, includes two years' developer experience.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
Advanced knowledge of the following technical lead practices and concepts:
- Full product life cycle
- Performance and stress testing
- Quality assurance methodology and Inspections
- Technical standards and deliverables
- Migration and integration
- Estimating, including design, development/purchase, and installation
- For development only: Production acceptance (including elevations), data modeling, data sharing, reusable components, and related advanced development standards
Advanced knowledge of one or more IT platforms:
- IBM mainframe
- Microsoft Windows NT
- Strong written and oral communication skills, preferred
- Advanced knowledge of a wide range of technologies within technical specialty - from state of the art to legacy systems, preferred
- For development only: Advanced knowledge of one or more testing tools, performance tools, and scripting languages, preferred:
- 5+ years experience, configuring and troubleshooting next generation firewalls (Palo Alto)
- 5+ years experience in network cyber-security concepts including firewall rule management, network and user segmentation, DDOS prevention.
- 3+ years experience associated with web proxies and gateways provisioning and maintaining.
- 3-5 years experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments provisioning, orchestration, testing and troubleshooting.
- 3+ years experience with AWS IAM processes, tools and concepts.
- 5+ years experience building and supporting IP networks in an on-premise and cloud environment.
- Experience with security-focused network segmentation.
- 3-5 years experience developing scripts in AWS cloud-formation-templates using Python and native AWS tools.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top