This position is for a senior developer on the Cross Cutting Concerns (C3) team. Our team develops common UI capabilities, and microservices to deliver them, for applications throughout the enterprise. We leverage most current frameworks (NodeJS, ExpressJS, Falcor), the latest available tools (NextGen Applications [NGA], Node.js, Grunt, Mocha, Jasmine), and practice Pair Programming and Test Drive Development. By following full continuous delivery and LEAN we deliver value to our clients more quickly. We are thought leaders and pioneers in the UI and microservices space, often collaborating with and providing consultation to the CTO and various architecture groups. As one of the few true product owning teams we take the long-term perspective when developing solutions, and we strive for technical excellence and continual improvement.
- UI Development
- Test Driven Development
- Mid-Tier development
- Node development
- Java-based microservices
- Node-based microservices
- Domain Driven Development
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of Java-based microservices and applications.
Translates technical specifications, and logical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code and test artifacts that reuse objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience.
Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients.
Thoroughly understands client business functions and technology needs. Has a broad understanding of Vanguard's technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems.
Interfaces with cross functional team members, including IT security, project manager, and clients. Communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Thoroughly understands and complies with all Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
Looks for ways to automate manual processes.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 5 years developer or systems analyst experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the following development practices and concepts:
- Production acceptance, including elevations and change management.
- Quality assurance methodology and Inspections.
- Systems analysis and design techniques.
- Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more testing tools, performance tools, and scripting languages in the SOE/SDE list.
- Weekday coverage: Regularly scheduled 5-day week, Mon. - Fri., normal business hours.
- On-call and remote support off hours: See additional information for the specific requirements for this posting.
- Travel: Limited travel from Valley Forge, PA to Charlotte, NC is required.
- Works on a product owning team delivering functionality to production often
- Works on similar technologies (e.g., applications), for a single platform and multiple business areas, for systems with large numbers of interfaces and users
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top