Sr. Financial Analyst- FP&A
- Toronto, Canada
Vanguard is a business that operates on trust - trust that we focus on the client, trust that assets are safe from fraud, and trust that we employ intelligent, ethical, and informed crew. That's why we hire best-in-class financial minds to conduct thorough research and recommend the right course of action. Vanguard is currently seeking one such expert to partner with our businesses.
Vanguard's Financial Analysts provide consultative support to our internal clients by preparing analyses and models that allow them to make the right strategic decisions. In this role, you'll collaborate with senior leaders to understand their business' financial needs and aid in the annual planning process. In this role, you'll be an integral part of the business landscape and a steward of Vanguard's success.
In this role you will:
- Partner with Senior Leadership and their management teams to prepare financial analyses and models that assist in the evaluation of strategic business initiatives, capital investments, new/existing clients and new products and services within Vanguard's business units. Analysis may include: pricing clients, new products and services; cost-benefit analysis using the discounted cash flow method (or other appropriate methods) to quantify the impact on Vanguard's projected revenue, operating expenses, assets and cash flow and to assist in the prioritization of investment spending and/or business initiatives; client and business segment profitability analysis using appropriate activity based costing methods to allocate revenue and expenses.
- Be assigned to work on the most complex issues/assignments and does so very independently and without much guidance from their manager. Is able to create new ways to analyze/solve/discuss the most difficult problems/challenges faced by their clients. Develop and cultivates relationships with new and existing internal business clients to understand their business and ongoing financial analysis needs.
- Develop financial and non-financial measures of business performance for evaluation and control of projects and investments.
- Engage in and contributes to the annual planning process and on-going quarterly forecasts, taking full ownership of: understanding and validating the rationale for the multi-year financial forecast of revenue, operating expenses, assets and cash flow; being able to explain variances to previously communicated forecasts; preparing and presenting quarterly finance review presentations to the Senior Leadership team of the business area(s) you support as appropriate.
- Prepare and disseminate timely and accurate financial information to allow for efficient use and control over financial resources of a business unit, project, service, etc.
- Understand and utilize the systems and tools required to deliver the services to various clients and constituents.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with both clients and CFS constituents (Corporate Accounting, Procurement as well as other FP&A teams as appropriate)
- Actively contribute to the development and growth of more junior analysts through participation in the Analyst Training Program, informal mentoring a other methods as appropriate.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Bring your future to Vanguard and benefit from:
- Access to industry experts, leading-edge research, and courses from award winning Vanguard University®.
- Opportunities to mentor others and implement change.
- An ethical company that manages products in the sole interest of their clients.
- Work-life balance and flexibility - starting employees receive 23 days of PTO.
- Access to leaders who provide industry knowledge, career coaching, and mentoring.
- A culture of promoting internally, including leadership roles, project management positions, director roles, and other related functions.
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree and/or Professional Certification (CPA, CFM or CMA) preferred.
- Minimum five years of directly related FP&A (or equivalent) experience required
- A demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and drive solutions
- A broad knowledge and perspective of Vanguard business preferred. Experience in financial services industry or consulting preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience in Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft Financials required.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Very strong communication skills (Written and Oral).
- Ability to quickly become knowledgeable in current and future policies, practices, trends and information affecting Vanguard's business and the organization.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top