Sr. Control-M Engineer
- Wayne, PA
Vanguard is seeking a Senior Control-M Engineer to provide expert level Tier 3 leadership, and support, on our Control-M Engineering team. This role will; provide technical leadership on a team of engineers for our workload automation platform, drive the future direction of the platform, partner on cross-functional teams to implement new features and functions, and act as a critical contact for projects involving Control-M.
What we are looking for:
- Deep technical knowledge and experience on; the BMC Control-M platform as a whole, all of its core components (EM, CCM, Agents, GUI, etc.) , supporting services (Database, OS, etc.), and front-end client usage.
- Experience with planning, scheduling, and successfully executing on complex Control-M upgrades and changes.
- Strong knowledge of distributed platforms (Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux).
- Experience with implementing leading edge technology solutions around DevOps practices and Cloud integration.
- Ability to successfully tailor communications based upon the audience (Engineers to Sr. Leaders).
- Understanding of when to lean-in to technical challenges or delegate to less experienced engineers.
In this role you will:
- Provide expert level Tier 3 technical support services for issues elevated from the Support Center and other Technical Services groups. Ensure reliable operation of production. Diagnose and troubleshoot availability interruptions and other production issues.
- Plan and implement new technologies and major releases for the most critical enterprise-wide IT infrastructure projects. Test, install, and migrate software, patches, upgrades, etc.
- Communicate with IT groups to assess systems risks on those areas and to keep groups apprised of systems issues that may have an impact on those areas, including projected down times and business risks. Communicate with IT vendors to research and resolve issues.
- Closely partner with front end Control-M operators/schedulers as well as applications teams.
- Develop technical standards. Test and evaluate IT vendor products.
- Maintain, monitor, and tune Production system and applications performance. Debug source code and performance problems and/or provides debugging assistance to developers. Identify opportunities to improve performance (e.g., automating manual system tasks).
- Perform capacity planning activities.
- Train and mentor staff. Resolve the most complex issues elevated from staff with less experience.
- Write documentation, including project plans, backup plans, business continuance, installation procedures, and troubleshooting tips. Create diagrams, including technical topology.
- Add, update, and close IT Problem Management records. Research and resolves the most complex issues, and review related technology records to mitigate impact on assigned system.
- Review numerous IT knowledge repositories to update technical knowledge.
- Learn and understand client area business functions and requirements. Has the ability to determine the appropriate technical tool to address the client's business needs.
- Thoroughly understand and comply with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understand and comply with Information Security policies and procedures. Verify deliverables meet Information Security and VSA requirements.
- Perform remote and off hours support.
- Participate in on call support rotations, special projects, and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Eight years' experience on Control-M, including three to four years' configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of the following product support practices and concepts: infrastructure design, disaster recovery planning, full project delivery life cycle, IT service level agreements, performance monitoring, tuning, and debugging, network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP), process/product testing and verification, software and hardware setup and configuration , computer networking, technical standards and deliverables, system log files, tasks, account management, and commands.
- Expert knowledge of one or more IT platforms and products.
- Certification - Holds the appropriate technical specialty certificate/s.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top