Sr. AWS Cloud Architect - Mainframe
- Wayne, PA
Build IT that develops financial futures
At Vanguard, technology is integral to helping our clients reach their personal goals. We depend on IT 24/7 to run our investors' assets. That puts your expertise in Cloud and Mainframe at the heart of our business.
As the Senior Infrastructure Architect you will provide architectural leadership in shaping
strategic, infrastructure technology projects
for the Global Tech-Ops (GTO) organization (e.g., DB2, CICS, zOS, Attunity, AWS services, cloud containers, cloud security, etc.). As we transition to cloud technologies, you will be integrally involved in determining the design and associated reference architectures for application access to DB2, localizing DC2 data to cloud applications using new technologies, and finding cost effective ways to engineer these solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with other IT groups (i.e. IT security, Chief Technology Office (CTO), etc.) to develop and implement mainframe modernization strategy
- Identify top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the business.
- Effectively manage and assign projects as necessary while lending support to the team.
- Actively troubleshoot issues during testing and re-mediating prior to production launch.
- Test system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
Provide systems evaluation support to include analyses such as:
- Design application data strategy enabling transformation from mainframe data access methods cloud based data access
- Research/analyze application data consumption to derive transformation strategy from legacy monolithic applications to cloud enabled/optimized applications
- Design/create update architecture to keep Db2 system of record in-sync with cloud data for legacy applications to remain on premises during transformation
- Design/implement replication technologies for Db2 and VSAM data stores to the cloud
- Design/implement solutions to support both data need for operational and analytics use cases
- Redesign on-premises applications to consume cloud services and/or cloud data stores
- Formulate and execute on defined cloud technology vision for mainframe Db2 data and organize cloud systems, resources, subscriptions, etc. in sustaining current and future platforms
What it takes:
- B.S. in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent degree and/or experience
- 7+ years design/hands-on mainframe infrastructure administration
- Minimum 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with enterprise technologies in support of distributed applications.
- Minimum 2+ years hands-on cloud design/implementation/consulting experience
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification is preferred
- A background of deep technical expertise supporting customers in at least one of the following enterprise technology areas: Cloud Adoption; Cloud migration and deployment; Digital Transformation; Database and Middleware management; full life-cycle enterprise Software Development; DevOps pipeline build and management
- Proficiency in IBM Mainframe architectures under both Native zOS and zVM environments
- Advanced technology and strategic business acumen as well as a demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to the business value of AWS services and offerings
- Experience with cloud development tools and methodologies, including basic ability to write scripted or compiled code.
- Experience presenting technical material to both technical and non-technical clients.
Other preferred skills:
Demonstrates experience in running complex projects.
Experience building sophisticated and highly automated cloud infrastructure.
High level of skill communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
Ability to be comfortable in speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers; etc.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top