Sr. Agile Coach - Client Experience
To provide leadership and coaching to define the strategy and approach to Agile practices and methodology across all teams for business value generation.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Builds, leads and develops approach to Agile methodology to drive impact and deliver results across the enterprise through the use of analysis, design, development, testing and management.
2. Serves as a senior level expert in utilizing Agile practices and methodologies to conceptualize ideas and deliver valued solutions. Coaches teams through complex situations to achieve greatest level of efficiency in applying Agile values, principles, frameworks, and approaches. Proactively identifies areas for improvement and develops training sessions and workshops.
3. Drive the organization-wide Agile adoption strategy and rollout of strategic execution plans. Sustains Agile methodologies and continuously develops strategies for improvement.
4. Develops coaching methods to guide teams in using and sharing data to improve outcomes, delivery, and organizational support.
5. Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to the agile program and scrum teams, serve as an escalation for impediment removal for the Scrum Masters and scrum teams, as well as hands-on role in consultative capacity help raise and solve complex impediments.
6. Manages and coaches to the most complex journey labs and work streams, makes recommendations to improve metrics and capabilities/working models.
7. Maintains working knowledge of the wealth management, Fintech, and financial services industry, understanding the trends of a changing business landscape and translating those insights into potential impacts for our firm. Evolves Agile approaches and solutions to account for industry changes.
8. Manages and/or participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in an IT related field or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree referred.
- 8-10 years agile experience, including 4+ years as an agile practitioner and 4+ years as an agile coach (~2 year experience in managing multiple agile teams (i.e. scrum of scrums or SAFe))
- Ability to lead complex strategic engagements with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced environment
- Deep experience in employing Scrum, Kanban, and modern engineering practices
- Hands-on experience as a Scrum Master, leading complex multiple technology programs/projects using Scrum; experience with other Agile approaches
- Experience using tools such as Jira
- IT experience, with end-to-end experience on large-scale systems development projects and process improvements efforts
- Experience delivering and supporting IT projects in the financial/investment domain
- Strong communication, facilitation, persuasion and influence, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated motivation, initiative, judgment, critical thinking, and analytic skills, with the ability to work across multiple functions, lead diverse perspectives and deals effectively with ambiguity and adaptation to change
- Ability to coach across multiple functions, lead diverse perspectives and deals effectively with ambiguity and adaptation to change
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly, complete multiple and diverse assignments with high quality
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top