Specialized - Systems Engineer
To provide entry level technical support for basic production issues and to ensure reliable operation of the production environment. To monitor, troubleshoot, and install software/tools operating on one or more systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides entry level technical infrastructure support services for issues elevated from the Support Center and other Technical Services groups. Learns, maintains, and monitors Production system and applications performance. Ensures reliable operation of Production and troubleshoots basic issues.
2. Learns product installation procedures. Tests and installs software, patches, upgrades, applications, and/or hardware.
3. Adds, updates, and closes IT Problem Management database records. Researches and resolves basic issues.
4. Updates documentation, including installation procedures and troubleshooting tips. Creates diagrams, including technical topology.
5. Reviews numerous IT knowledge repositories to update technical knowledge.
6. Identifies opportunities to improve system and application performance (e.g., automating routine manual system tasks).
7. Learns and understands client area business functions and requirements. Has the ability to determine the appropriate technical tool to address the client’s business needs.
8. Learns and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Learns and complies with Information Security policies and procedures. Verifies deliverables meet Information Security and VSA requirements.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum two years general business experience, including one year experience with desktop operating system/hardware, Windows NT or UNIX server system/hardware, or as a LAN administrator.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the following product support practices and concepts: process/product testing and verification, software and/or hardware setup and configuration , computer networking, technical standards and deliverables, system log files, tasks, account management, and commands.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
On call: See additional information for the specific requirements for this posting.
Remote and off hours support: See additional information for the specific requirements for this posting.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top