Specialist, Employee Relations and Compliance
Job Description Summary
Vanguard's Human Resources (HR) department uses defined HR principles to connect all processes and policies back to our mission and vision statements. HR integrates empathy and crew focus into every task - whether it's developing and implementing policy, creating compensation and benefit strategies or enriching company culture. Supporting our 14,000+ crew members worldwide, HR includes such functions as:
Culture and Inclusion
HR Communications, Reporting and Technology
Vanguard University ®
This role is within our Employee Relations team. The incumbent will provide timely and objective advice and counsel to Vanguard crew throughout their lifecycle with the organization, and also mitigate risk through the effective resolution of crew-related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide site, division, or case-based insights to Crew Relations & Compliance CoE leadership to assist with design of strategies, frameworks, policies, and processes.
- Support consistent policy interpretation and application of HR policies globally. Identify divisional or regional nuances in addressing crew-related issues and suggest potential process improvements to address these nuances while maintaining compliance with local regulations.
- Work with managers and crew as needed to understand, monitor, and resolve crew complaints and conduct investigations as needed. Partner with Crew Relations & Compliance Leads and HR Policy & Risk Management Lead to address sensitive matters as needed while mitigating risk.
- Provide objective coaching and counseling services to managers and crew. Clearly guide managers through the appropriate steps to be taken for corrective action due to crew disciplinary or performance issues. Recommend and conduct termination as needed.
- Recommend appropriate programs for specific crew situations. Identify and highlight benefit programs provided by the Total Rewards CoE with the highest impact to crew due to utilization and/or perceived value. Suggest ways to optimize program value.
- Partner with Crew Relations & Compliance Leads, HRBPs, and Talent Management CoE to lead and/or facilitate performance differentiation sessions in the business. Assist with fostering broad dialogue across the talent spectrum during differentiation sessions and identifying key performance-related trends. Provide guidance to managers in addressing performance-related issues.
- Support the exit process for crew members. Conduct in-person exit interviews for voluntary departures where needed. Partner with Crew Central to efficiently process voluntary departures. Provide input into the design of the exit interview guide and criteria for exit interview analysis, and assist in analyzing exit interview data to mitigate risk and identify trends.
- Provide leaders in the business with consultative support throughout the progressive investigation process by facilitating the process for either a disciplinary or performance-related issue. Provide dedicated support to both crew and leaders as needed.
- Support educational initiatives for HR crew on internal and external compliance requirements and related process controls.
- Conduct new manager assimilations as appropriate.
- Facilitate the unemployment process as needed. Represent Vanguard at hearings as needed.
- Assess, monitor, and manage crew trends for book of business.
- Partner with other service organizations regarding crew matters as appropriate including Fraud, Information Security, Physical Security, Compliance, Audit, etc.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent combination of training and experience. Masters Degree and or HR professional certifications preferred.
- A minimum of three to five years previous employee relations experience.
- Employee relations and/or compliance experience preferred
- Ability to remain poised and professional under potentially contentious situations
- Sensitivity in working with confidential information
- Proven teamwork capabilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, including planning and organizational skills
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Ability to effectively work independently and identify when to engage others
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top