Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides the architectural leadership in shaping
strategic, business technology
, with an emphasis on application architecture. Utilizes domain knowledge and application portfolio knowledge to play a key role in defining the future state of large, business technology programs.
2. Utilizes a
broad and deep
understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
3. Within area of responsibility, continuously pursues
knowledge of business technology solutions and maintains understanding of applicable technologies, tools, and services:
- Establishes working relationships with appropriate business technology solution providers (e.g., Salesforce, Charles River, Reuters, etc.).
- Leverages knowledge capital available through subscription research services that target business technology solutions (e.g., Forrester on Digital Business, Cutter on investment management, etc.).
- Leverages the Internet and trade periodicals that focus on the contemporary, competitive, business technology issues within the financial industry.
- Attends financial industry conferences and engages in associated activities (e.g., conducting presentations, leading workshops, etc.).
4. Defines reference and implementation application architectures.
5. Produces technology roadmaps in support of SI's application portfolio vision and strategy.
6. Monitors application implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
7. Ensures application implementation solutions support the business objectives (asset gathering, cost optimization, client loyalty improvement), as appropriate.
8. Participates in governance team discussions and provides a strong voice on critical decisions.
9. Establishes relationships with senior IT and Business leaders for the purpose of advancing proposed application architecture solutions.
10. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years relevant work experience.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top