This Solutions Archtiect position is multifaceted, having exposure to many different areas in IT. It requires the ability to analyze varying technologies and technical architecture patterns, and to balance appropriate tactical decisions with defining, advocating, and advancing the long term strategic direction. This position also includes partnering with Technology infrastructure Architects, Cross divisional Architects and Cloud Teams), working with and influencing various cross-divisional areas across the Enterprise. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing oversight to program teams on Microservices and Cloud Data Architecture, and for developing personal knowledge and expertise of Security and Architecture in AWS.
This is an excellent opportunity to use advanced communication and superior conceptual thinking and relationship management skills to influence the strategic direction of the business lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides the architectural leadership in shaping
strategic, business technology
, with an emphasis on application architecture. Utilizes domain knowledge and application portfolio knowledge to play a key role in defining the future state of large, business technology programs.
2. Utilizes a
broad and deep
understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
3. Within area of responsibility, continuously pursues
knowledge of business technology solutions and maintains understanding of applicable technologies, tools, and services:
- Establishes working relationships with appropriate business technology solution providers (e.g., Salesforce, Charles River, Reuters, etc.).
- Leverages knowledge capital available through subscription research services that target business technology solutions (e.g., Forrester on Digital Business, Cutter on investment management, etc.).
- Leverages the Internet and trade periodicals that focus on the contemporary, competitive, business technology issues within the financial industry.
- Attends financial industry conferences and engages in associated activities (e.g., conducting presentations, leading workshops, etc.).
4. Defines reference and implementation application architectures.
5. Produces technology roadmaps in support of SI's application portfolio vision and strategy.
6. Monitors application implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
7. Ensures application implementation solutions support the business objectives (asset gathering, cost optimization, client loyalty improvement), as appropriate.
8. Participates in governance team discussions and provides a strong voice on critical decisions.
9. Establishes relationships with senior IT and Business leaders for the purpose of advancing proposed application architecture solutions.
10. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Extensive relevant work experience.
- A recognized Thought Leader with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to create clarity and certainty when there is Architecture ambiguity; communicate to all stakeholders at varying levels within the Organization.
- Ability to weave "Lean", DevOPs concepts into the fabric of our culture.
- Research Emerging Technologies, and if applicable, lead the buildout of POC's that demonstrate the potential relevance in business domains.
- Full-Stack development experience - Java, Spring, Angular and DB technologies
- Database skills -Oracle, PostgreSQL and DynamoDB
- Facilitates and advices on Enterprise level delivery and design of reusable artifacts and API interface specifications (XSD/WSDL/WADL/Swagger/OpenAPI/YAML) and API security standards and implementation (Oauth, OpenId)
- Ability to learn and apply the knowledge of Amazon Services: Amazon API Gateway, EC2, ECS, Fargate, SQS, SNS, Lambda, AWS RDS (DynamoDB, Postgres, Aurora), CloudFront, Route 53, Elastic Load Balancing, CloudWatch, CloudTrail
- A deep intellectual curiosity and learning agility; stays on the forefront of business and technology solutions, especially API and microservice design, application security, and Front-End / UI development
- Experience in financial services industry, specifically investment management and/or banking is preferred
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Tamara T.Senior Leader, Talent Acquisition
Tamara and her team act as an embedded marketing team within the talent acquisition department, creating campaigns that reach the right candidates for Vanguard.
Back to top