As a Software Development Lead, you are responsible for leading an onsite and offshore technical engineers to drive discipline excellence and skill development. Your work will play a key role in talent management for the organization, building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships, and being a steward for new trends and innovations in technology. This role will own the strategy, integrity and proper operation of development practices within the Retail organization and act a representative at the enterprise level and in senior leadership forums.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a technical staff onsite and offshore. Develop, delegate, mentor, and provide guidance, training and motivation as necessary.
- Provide senior level IT technical lead and architecture services and direction for critical software, middleware, or hardware projects across multiple platforms and completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Effectively demonstrate various staffing options and lead global workforce.
- Develop strong and authentic relationships with peers, clients and key partners that empower them to lead long-term collaborations and deliver successful business outcomes.
- Act as a technology advisor and champion in identifying, evaluating and recommending appropriate strategies and technologies for building products and delivering services (Coach our developers to be great developers!).
- Elevate IT into a strategic partner by demonstrating acumen and passion for business and technology; enthusiastically recommending innovative solutions to achieve business goals.
- Working knowledge of the general software development landscape, architectures, trends, and new technologies.
- Lead the strategy and execution to build, buy or integrate business technology solutions.
- Minimum of 10+ years of technical experience including 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- 3+ years of experience in people/project management
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline
- Experience with developing Java REST services - Spring, Jersey
- Experience with test automation and test-driven development practices and frameworks - mutation testing, functional testing (JUnit, Cucumber), mock frameworks (Mockito, etc.), contract testing
- Experience with DevOps , tools and continuous delivery pipelines - Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Jira, etc.
- Ability to implement instrumentation to gather business-specific metrics around consumer usage patterns
- Experience with API management platforms, design standards, patterns and best practices is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud/AWS development/engineering best practices is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud data stores is a plus - S3, Dynamo DB and/or Amazon RDS
- Experience with Object Oriented Development and languages
- Experience across all phases of the SDLC and Agile software development practices
- Experience leading a high-functioning, highly agile team of engineers that delivers scalable and responsive web-based cloud solutions.
- Proven experience delivering projects from start to finish.
- Effectively liaises across departments to accomplish tasks and projects.
- Ability to understand complex distributed systems.
- Ability to work independently, lead own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals.
- Good social interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Innate desire to learn and grow, and ability to coach engineers to do the
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.