Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager will manage a team of social media channel managers, writers, and editors and ensure that the materials developed by the team for the social media channels meet client needs, are of the highest quality, and are completed on time and within budget.
This is an opportunity to manage social media for one of Vanguard’s largest and fastest-growing businesses: The $1 trillion financial advisor services business. This is a B2B marketing position that works closely with our national sales team, public relations department, and marketing groups to deliver cross-channel social media solutions to the financial advisor market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Ensures that team capitalizes on social media opportunities and competitiveness by continually analyzing market research.
- Identifies, interprets and capitalizes on social media trends. Identifies issues and trends in the social media space and assess emerging channels for company use.
- Ensures that the team plans, manages, coordinates and executes for assigned social media channel(s) by working closely with marketing and business to ensure tight integration to the retail social media program and initiatives.
- Actively participates in management team. Communicates and collaborates with other managers on policy decisions, best practices, vendor relationships, training and other issues that affect the production services group.
- Develops benchmark criteria to measure the effectiveness of social media program and implements improvements as required. Routinely measures the success of social media activities and reports the results to senior management.
- Supports and is actively involved in corporate initiatives such as VUE, Swiss Army, and performance management. Identifies opportunities for process improvement and seek opportunities to participate on and lead process improvement projects.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of related communications experience. Management experience preferred.
- Experience in managing multi-channel, multi-segment communication campaigns preferred.
- Solid organizational skills; ability to work across multiple functions.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to lead teams.
- Demonstrated initiative (self-starting).
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top