Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps
This position is for a Site Reliability Engineer on our Retail Environments team. The goal of this position include:
•Modernizing the environments tools and technologies to support the IT strategic goals of continuous delivery and cloud migration.
•Automating and implementing the build and maintenance of the environments for applications.
•Continually improving the monitoring, alerting, and automation to increase environments reliability, availability, performance, and overall system health.
Additional details on qualifications include:
•Knowledge of Linux systems and cloud platforms/providers
•Hands on experience with several of the following tools: Atlassian suite (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence), Git, Maven, Jenkins, Splunk, Selenium, Nexus, Artifactory
•Java Development experience is considered a plus
To provide intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based systems, under supervision of a more senior developer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
2. Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
3. Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
4. Follows software development methodology. Follows architecture standards.
5. Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation.
6. Participates in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum 3 years developer or systems analyst experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of the following development practices and concepts:
•Use case standards
•Systems analysis and design techniques
•Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards
•Screen, report, and query design
- Intermediate knowledge of current versions of the following products:
- Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top