Service Delivery Manager
The role will be responsible for providing expert level IT Service Management leadership to define, design, implement, monitor and improve IT Infrastructure and Application Hosting Services at Vanguard. The selected candidate will be responsible for defining a strategic direction for a portfolio that includes data center and cloud based IT services, leading the design of the service catalog and offerings, driving optimization of related fulfillment workflows, and leading the service implementation using ServiceNow platform. Additional responsibilities include monitoring service performance, managing ongoing improvement of services in the assigned portfolio (Network, Storage, Access, Distributed Hosting, Platform, Region etc), performing additional ITIL/ITSM service management duties as assigned and contributing to improve the maturity level of IT Service Management practices at Vanguard. The role will also be responsible for building and maintaining effective customer relationships with internal stake holders and request fulfillment teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and cultivates effective relationship with business areas by keeping them informed about services and status of any upcoming service enhancements/retirements, understanding their business needs and acting as an as escalation point for service or customer satisfaction related issues.
- In tandem with the Strategic Service Owner, defines and designs component based service architecture for assigned set of services. Creates a roadmap for continuous refinement of implemented services based on customer feedback. Identifies optimization opportunities and collaborates with Product Owner and Service Architect for designing and implementing service improvements.
- Conducts portfolio analysis and create/enhance/retire assigned set of services in the Service Portfolio/Catalog as required. Monitors service levels against agreed upon SLAs, conducts periodic Service Performance Management activities for assigned list of services and influences Product Teams/ external Service providers to address service level breaches.
- Defines and maintains total cost of ownership for each of the assigned services and collaborates with GTO- P& G Office and IT Financial Services Team to implement show back/charge back of costs. Provides applicable service costing & chargeback information to customers.
- Engages with Senior Leadership to contribute to long term business plans and service strategy.
- Ensures product teams are appropriately planning for on-hand capacity to meet forecasted demands.
- Performs service related communication and change management activities as needed to keep customers and fulfillment teams aware and ready for service related changes.
- Participates in CAB, Incident Management, Problem Management and other ITIL process related meetings as necessary and represent one or services.
- Defines operational and executive reporting and communication requirements as necessary to support Service Management and Governance.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience. Degree in computer science or computer engineering and/or a Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum eight years of experience in specific technical specialty (Hardware, Operating Systems, Software Development, Telecommunications and Emerging Technologies). Broad IT experience preferred.
- Exceptional conceptual, analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation and influencing/negotiation skills.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry preferred.
- Strong understanding of Agile Software Development, Systems analysis and design techniques, Quality assurance methodology and Inspections, Technical standards and deliverables, Production acceptance (including elevations), data modeling, and related advanced development standards.
- Expert knowledge of one or more IT platforms and products.
- Expert Knowledge of ITIL, ITSM, Service Oriented Architecture, ITaaS, PaaS and IaaS.
- ITIL v3 Expert Certification is preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top