Senior Workstream Lead
The Finance division is home to Vanguard’s experts in Corporate Financial Services, Fund Financial Services and Internal Audit. Our crew are high caliber professionals who provide financial and decision support leadership to all businesses at Vanguard across the globe and serve all Vanguard funds through a myriad of critical functions. Integrity is key – as stewards of fund assets and Vanguard’s assets, we must protect data, mitigate risk, stay competitive, and proactively establish business initiatives, all while returning value to clients. Finance is a talent destination for exceptional financial minds looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Vanguard’s most trusted voices.
Vanguard is seeking a Senior Workstream Lead to manage the Fund Accounting and Administration workstreams within a multi-year transformational program that seeks to transform the operating model and organization design, improve core processes, and implement enabling technology to promote value added capabilities and scalability. Ideal candidates would have deep experience in Fund Accounting and Administration processes, global operating model definition, oversight of third party service providers and experience with business transformation programs.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and develop staff by providing guidance, training, and motivation necessary to develop staff. Hires, terminates, evaluates, and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance and provides regular and ongoing feedback.
- Creates and maintains a multi-year plan for assigned workstreams/project that clearly identifies specific actions and tasks needed to achieve future state goals. Provides written and oral communication to many different organizations and audiences within Vanguard on the status of the workstream/projects.
- Manages a single large, complex workstream or multiple workstreams within global, multi-disciplinary transformational program.
- Works with business clients, division/department leadership, and Information Technology to determine the scope, requirements and future state design for assigned workstream/project and ensures integration with other workstreams/project teams. Works effectively with identified stakeholders to design and implement future state processes, operating models and technology and data enablement solutions.
- Develops and maintains a broad knowledge and awareness of industry forces, competition, and trends to assess viability of internal operating models. Monitors financial, legal, and other regulatory environments to ensure strategies are aligned with the overall company strategy, program vision, and regional market conditions. Develops thorough understanding of Vanguard functional areas with specific focus on teams impacted by the program. Keeps abreast of current issues in business operations and incorporates changing business needs into project solutions.
- Partners with the Program Leadership Team and Change & Communications teams to ensure highly effective communications regarding business readiness and change management. Communicates regularly to key stakeholders in a variety of forums (leadership events, governance meetings, town halls, etc.). Socializes recommendations and/or requests for information/support to an appropriately broad audience throughout Vanguard.
- Proactively identifies, manages, and mitigates risks and any related project issues. Performs root cause analysis, identifies potential solutions, (including the cost/benefit of each option), communicates solutions on key issues or projects to management and business clients to obtain their input and buy-in as appropriate.
- Participates in development of periodic business plans and budgets. Manages financial performance against fiscal plan and forecast for their workstream/projects.
- Assists Program Management in managing in-flight projects. (e.g. Status reporting, overall project plan, issues, risks and dependencies logs, Steering Committee preparation, monitoring of budgets). Prepares for and leads key project meetings with internal clients across all stakeholders. Chairs and documents workshops and meetings.
- Develops and manages vendor relationships that are required to meet workstream/project needs.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Undergraduate degree in business discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight years progressively responsible management experience, including at least three to five years of experience in a senior leadership role. Exposure to multi-disciplinary global programs is preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to drive change, generate creative approaches/solutions and the desire to shape a “best in class” global organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to enhancing knowledge of global financial services industry, unfamiliar business operations and technology. Assertively seeks out information through internal and external business partners and industry network.
- Proven track record in creating win-win scenarios by building relationships, persuading and influencing, gaining buy-in from stakeholders with diverse objectives and perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with Senior Staff, Divisional Senior Leadership, Sub-divisional senior leadership as well as various levels of staff and management across the organization.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to think strategically.
- Ability to motivate others and foster teamwork.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills/presentation skills.
- Excellent judgment and ability to analyze and resolve issues.
- Ability to function in a fast paced, somewhat ambiguous environment, balancing numerous activities simultaneously.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top