Senior Wealth Advisor- CFP
Change how the world invests, one client at a time
We believe that everyone should be given a chance to succeed - and that starts with you. As a Senior Wealth Advisor within Vanguard's Personal Advisor Services Group, you'll develop tailored strategies that will help our Ultra High Net Worth clients achieve their unique financial goals.
You will provide advice utilizing ongoing portfolio management solutions targeting clients and prospects with portfolios of $5-15M in investable assets using Vanguard products. You will onboard clients and manage a book of business which can include high-profile, and influential individuals and families. You will communicate Vanguard's investment philosophy and make recommendations that consider both client suitability and our tested research and methodology approach. Best of all, you will work within a collaborative team environment partnering with internal resources to serve client needs and goals related to investment advice, tax strategies, legacy and estate planning, philanthropic giving, and corporate trust services.
In this role you will:
- Consult with High Net Worth clients who require complex financial planning. Ensure the execution of sophisticated portfolio construction and management strategies.
- Conduct client consultations assigned through internal warm lead generation and collaborate with sales teams and internal partners to present Vanguard's investment offer to existing and prospective clients.
- Manage client portfolios on a long-term basis. Leverage advanced client relationship management skills to build and retain assigned client base.
- Identify tax and legal considerations related to client scenarios. Leverage internal Vanguard partners for specialized expertise in wealth planning.
- Develop an advanced understanding of client financial situations, legal, regulatory, and taxation industry changes. Create and implement wealth management strategies.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to internal partners and clients regarding financial planning. Develop advanced knowledge of Vanguard funds, products, and services to help educate clients. Maintain detailed understanding of financial planning, capital markets, and the Financial Services industry.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Turn your passion into a world of opportunity
At Vanguard, clients are our most important asset. As a Senior Wealth Advisor, you will be tasked with looking out for our clients' best interests. Your curiosity and real passion for helping people can flourish in this role, where you will work with clients and help guide their success. Here, you'll discover an abundance of opportunities in a culture that values partnership and collaboration. We support each other's success while working towards the same goal of standing up for investors across the world
What it takes:
- Seven+ years of related financial planning and experience in client relationship management.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Certified Financial Planner designation required. CFA, CTFA, or CPA preferred.
- This job requires a regulatory license and/or registration (e.g. FINRA, state, SFC). These will be determined by Compliance based on role-specific duties.
- Occasional client travel is required.
- Occasional travel may be required to Vanguard clients, sites or local/national professional conferences.
- Relocation available to those who qualify.
- If you are offered and accept this position, and you do not have the necessary FINRA licenses for the role, then you must obtain the required licenses within the specified period of time as outlined by Vanguard's FINRA Licensing Policy. Additionally, prior to moving into this licensed role, you will be asked to provide authorization for Vanguard to conduct a full background check, including criminal, employment/education history, credit and public records search in accordance with the FINRA regulations.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top