Senior User Experience Researcher
Vanguard, a recognized employer of choice, is a leading investment management firm driven by a low cost, 100% client focused model. Vanguard believes that Client Experience is core to continued growth and success in the marketplace. As such, we are focused on delivering world-class experiences and investor outcomes at speed through multidisciplinary lab teams fully organized around client journeys.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design teams to build the best experience for our clients' most important interactions with Vanguard. Our work ranges from generative to evaluative, ethnography to usability. We are looking for experienced user experience researchers with a range of broad skills in qualitative and design research methods as well as proficiency in quantitative research methods and analysis. Ideal candidates have a passion for uncovering user needs, effectively communicating research insights, and collaborating with software engineers, designers, data scientists, content strategists and others to create superior experiences for Vanguard customers across all businesses, products, and channels.
- Work closely with journey lab teams to identify research topics and questions
- Provide counsel to product teams on the appropriate research design strategy needed to answer critical questions
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods as well as human-centered design principles
- Work cross-functionally with software development, design, content strategy, data science, and marketing
- Communicate research insights and recommendations in compelling and creative ways with team members and senior management
- Facilitate research debriefs, brainstorming exercises, and/or other workshops that utilize design thinking approaches to fuel ideation and evaluate product design.
- Mentor and train team members in the development and practice of user experience research techniques, processes and methods.
- Assists with prioritizing research projects by collaborating with Market Research and other Analytics and Insights teams
- BA/BS degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience, with degree in HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Human Factors, Usability, or Information Science
- MA/MS/PhD preferred
- 5+ years related experience in applied product research
- Command a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design research methods (e.g., usability testing, ethnography, diary study)
- Experience using design thinking approaches in product design and research
- Proficient knowledge of quantitative research methods and statistical concepts
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Compelling communication and presentation skills
- Ability to facilitate group meetings and workshops
- Experience using a wide range of user experience research software and tools (e.g., Usertesting.com,Medallia, Verint, Qualtrics)
Back to top