Senior User Experience Researcher
Make investing intuitive through the user experience
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design teams to build the best experience for our clients' most important interactions with Vanguard. Our work ranges from generative to evaluative, ethnography to usability. We are looking for expert user experience researchers with a range of broad skills in qualitative and design research methods as well as proficiency in quantitative research methods and analysis. You will have a real passion for uncovering user needs, effectively communicating research insights, and collaborating with software engineers, designers, data scientists, content strategists and others to craft superior experiences for Vanguard customers across all businesses, products, and channels.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with journey lab teams to identify research topics and questions
- Provide counsel to product teams on the appropriate research design strategy needed to answer critical questions
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods as well as human-centered design principles
- Work cross-functionally with software development, design, content strategy, data science, and marketing
- Communicate research insights and recommendations in compelling and creative ways with team members and senior management
- Facilitate research debriefs, brainstorming exercises, and/or other workshops that utilize design thinking approaches to fuel ideation and evaluate product design.
- Mentor and train team members in the development and practice of user experience research techniques, processes and methodologies.
- Assists with prioritizing research projects by collaborating with Market Research and other Analytics and Insights teams
A design experience that delivers
Vanguard, a recognized employer of choice, is a leading investment management firm driven by a low cost, 100% client focused model. Vanguard believes that Client Experience is core to continued growth and success in the marketplace. As such, we are focused on delivering world-class experiences and investor outcomes at speed through multidisciplinary lab teams fully organized around client journeys.
What it takes:
- BA/BS degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience, with degree in HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Human Factors, Usability, or Information Science
- MA/MS/PhD preferred
- 5+ years related experience in applied product research
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Compelling communication and presentation skills
- Ability to facilitate group meetings and workshops
Specializations that'll make an impact
- Broad set of qualitative and user-centered design research methods (e.g., usability testing, ethnography, diary study)
- Experience using design thinking approaches in product design and research
- Experience using a wide range of user experience research software and tools (e.g., Usertesting.com, Medallia, Verint, Qualtrics)
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top