Senior User Experience Designer
To provide senior level user experience design for the web and other media, including technical direction, brand management and identity systems. Primarily works on web projects with large-scale scope/complexity.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Meets with internal business clients on a regular basis to understand web marketing objectives and audience demographics. Translates business needs into design solutions that capture the desired corporate identity, brand awareness, and meet the need of each specific project.
2. Develops new UI strategies and design standards, including the use of Web 2.0 enabled techniques to create Rich Internet Applications. Follows regulatory and Corporate Communications standards, such as legal use of corporate logo, name, and copyright.
3. Designs, promotes, and applies cohesive brand strategies or identity systems.
4. Tests and evaluates IT vendor products. Recommends selection, technical standards, and automation activities.
5. Prototypes components and templates of new or enhanced web sites/pages. Ensures design solutions are technically feasible and within the scope of Vanguard’s development process.
6. Presents design strategies and vision to senior business leaders. Clearly articulates goals of design strategy; works collaboratively with project stakeholders to ensure project’s success. Presents designs at project inspections and design reviews. Participates in leadership and peer design reviews.
7. Designs final web page/site layout and graphic design elements. Codes and tags visible screen elements for the web, including text and charts/graphics.
8. Trains and mentors staff. Provides art direction and resolves complex issues elevated from staff with less experience.
9. Provides similar design services for other computer and paper-based media.
10. Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
11. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five to eight years’ general business experience, including five years’ web design, graphic design, or user interface design experience in a corporate design or agency setting.
- Knowledge of Web 2.0 technologies, including Flash, Flex, AJAX, or other advance UI tools and techniques.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Advanced knowledge of the following graphic design practices and concepts: abstract conceptualization and visualization skills, user centered design, color, graphic style guides typography, and print design considerations.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more IT platforms: Macintosh, Microsoft Windows NT, Web.
- Advanced knowledge of current versions of the following products: Adobe Photoshop, HTML/DHTML, Java Script, Lotus Notes, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top