Senior Technical Lead
To provide senior level IT technical lead services, including the direction, evaluation, selection, configuration, implementation, and integration of new or existing technologies and tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
This staff member completes the following activities under moderate direction:
- Provides senior level IT technical lead services and direction (which may include) software, middleware, and/or hardware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on a single platform. Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. May approve solutions proposed by team members. Resolves complex issues uncovered by testers and internal clients.
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. May screen resumes, interviews, make hiring and assignment recommendations, and write reviews.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff with less experience and identifies training needs.
- Communicates with technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project’s technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies.
- Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members, (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- May participate in design, code, and test Inspections throughout product life cycle to contribute technical expertise and to identify issues. Presents technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
- For teams without a BSA, performs this staff member’s duties, including interviewing business liaisons to write the functional requirements. In the absence of the project manager, performs this staff member’s duties, including coordinating daily systems analysis and development activities.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures. Verifies team’s deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum of five years of broad senior technical experience
- Experience across numerous technologies include Service Oriented Architecture, Restful Services, Client Side Architecture with Angular JS, AWS, Cloud Implementations and Microsoft Dynamics
- Must be able to work across a broad range of technology opportunities and conceptualize solutions
- Must be able to collaborate with other architects and delivery teams and communicate complex technical concepts
- Strong written and oral communication skills, preferred
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top