Senior Tax Analyst
The Finance division is home to crew and leaders who drive sustainable value across the global enterprise. Our high caliber professionals serve as trusted and influential strategic partners to business leaders across the organization in the areas of financial modeling, fiscal responsibility, product development and administration, risks and controls, real estate and facilities management, and enterprise supply management. Internal to the Finance division, high caliber professionals in our Finance Transformation group lead the division to future state operating models through leadership of large scale global transformations.
Our strong focus on value creation across the enterprise is equaled by our unwavering commitment to creating a culture and environment that maximizes the impact and potential of crew, and develops future generations of leaders in the organization.
Vanguard's Finance division is a talent destination for exceptional financial professionals looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Vanguard's most trusted voices. The Fund Tax group is currently seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to provide tax analysis support primarily to Vanguard's funds and offshore entities, Fund Tax Director and management, legal counsel, fund accounting and securities lending, and members of tax team as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and/or reviews all complex book-tax difference computations, federal income tax provisions, uncertain tax positions work papers under ASC 740, global tax filings, European Court of Justice (ECJ) reclaim filings, treaty filings, among others.
- Researches and analyzes merger and acquisition transactions utilizing the Internal Revenue Code and Regulations and a variety of other sources. Develops recommendations to management after evaluating mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs and other transactions to determine U.S. tax impacts.
- Reviews and resolves tax issues with internal departments, auditors, external advisors, custodial banks, and foreign service providers. Partners with other departments to ensure optimal tax accounting and reporting. Acts as a tax liaison for critical investment operations functions.
- Monitors and complies with international taxation and tax laws and regulations affecting global investments of Vanguard products with investments domiciled in multiple jurisdictions.
- Develops and maintains expertise in the fields of fund tax. Writes tax memos to document and communicate tax research and changes in legislation with tax impacts to the funds. Continually develops knowledge of the investment industry and global tax landscape.
- Performs independent analysis of issues, and elevates high priority situations for management review. Presents recommendations and complex ideas clearly in verbal and written form.
- Recommends process improvements to gain efficiency and ensure quality. Partners with colleagues on improvements to quality, process and operations as needed. Serves as a driver of positive change that helps broaden department's impact.
- Trains new crew members, providing technical guidance and on-the-job training as needed. Invests time and energy to understand all team functions. Is willing to cover for team mates and capable of supporting colleagues in times of high volumes or stress.
- Assists in general tax projects as needed and provide daily support for ongoing activities of the tax department including miscellaneous tax filings, international taxes, and strategic tax planning.
- Assesses impact of regulatory changes and provides recommendations for changes to people, process, and technology. Attends industry and vendor conferences to stay abreast of changes and understand industry impact and response, if needed.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance, preferred or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum three or more years of tax experience preferred.
- CPA or Masters in Tax strongly preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top