Senior Systems Engineer - Mobility
Mobility Services is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to apply mobility platform and remote connectivity expertise to performing product engineering, management, and technology integration across the enterprise. Candidates should have experience with one or more MDM/MAM and remote connectivity solutions such as Blackberry Dynamics & Apps or VMWare Airwatch, with a successful history of applying in-depth defense security strategies to mobile solutions with a key focus on the end-user experience.
Ideal candidates should have an interest in growing within Vanguards evolving remote services platform tools, such as: Remote Access Points, SSL/VPN, and Mobility initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides expert level Tier 3 technical infrastructure support services for issues elevated from the Support Center and other Technical Services groups. Ensures reliable operation of production.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots availability interruptions and other production issues.
- Plans and implements new technologies and major releases for the most critical enterprise-wide IT infrastructure projects. Tests, installs, and migrates software, patches, upgrades, proxies, applications, and/or hardware.
- Communicates with IT groups to assess systems risks on those areas and to keep groups apprised of systems issues that may have an impact on those areas, including projected down times and business risks. Communicates with IT vendors to research and resolve issues.
- Develops technical standards. Tests and evaluates IT vendor products.
- Maintains, monitors, and tunes Production system and applications performance. Debugs source code and performance problems and/or provides debugging assistance to developers. Identifies opportunities to improve performance (e.g., automating manual system tasks).
- Performs capacity planning activities.
- Writes documentation, including project plans, backup plans, business continuance, installation procedures, and troubleshooting tips. Creates diagrams, including technical topology.
- Adds, updates, and closes IT Problem Management database records. Researches and resolves the most complex issues, and reviews related technology records to mitigate impact on assigned system.
- Learns and understands client area business functions and requirements. Has the ability to determine the appropriate technical tool to address the client's business needs.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in technical specialty, including 1-3 years' experience supporting mobile application configuration/support, deployment, and troubleshooting experience.
- Familiarity or willingness to learn device enrollment programs
- Expert knowledge of the following product support practices and concepts: infrastructure design, IT service level agreements, performance monitoring, tuning, and debugging, network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP and ACCP), process/product testing and verification, computer networking, technical standards and deliverables, system log files, tasks, account management, and commands.
Vanguard is not offering relocation assistance or visa sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top