Senior Strategic Transactions & Sourcing Lead
The Strategy and Finance division is home to Vanguard’s experts in Corporate Financial Services, Fund Financial Services, Internal Audit and Corporate Strategy. Our crew are high caliber professionals who provide financial and decision support leadership to all businesses at Vanguard across the globe. Integrity is key – as stewards of fund assets and Vanguard’s assets, we must protect data, mitigate risk, stay competitive, and proactively establish business initiatives, all while returning value to clients. Vanguard is currently recruiting for a Senior Strategic Transactions & Sourcing Lead to provide expert level sourcing and negotiation leadership for highly complex, strategic transactions for the benefit of Vanguard and its shareholders.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Leads sourcing and negotiation efforts through contract execution for the most complex, time intensive strategic transactions, with outcomes that minimize risk and maximize shareholder value. Typical transactions will be multi-million dollar, multi-year deals and/or involve Vanguard’s most confidential and sensitive information.
- Leads and effectively partners with cross-functional internal team and serves as primary Vanguard representative to external parties.
- Develops and implements robust sourcing and negotiation strategies to ensure that “best value” is achieved.
- Provides thought leadership and works with senior management in the planning, development and implementation of short and long range goals. Establishes highly effective, collaborative strategies to foster impactful partnerships with senior leaders and internal business clients.
- Develops supplier, product and industry knowledge. Effectively leverages knowledge to develop and implement high impact sourcing and negotiation strategies that align with business and corporate needs and objectives.
- Establishes professional relationships with strategic external parties and collaborates with internal clients and stakeholders to help position external relationships for success.
- Drafts decision support documentation and transition support documentation.
- Partners with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure that business risks related to supplier relationships are appropriately identified and managed. Adheres to Vanguard’s procurement policies, processes, and procedures to minimize potential financial or contractual risk.
- Supports leadership team to develop and implement operational plans to achieve team, department and corporate objectives. Uses data to set goals, monitor progress, and measure success.
- Demonstrates judgment, creativity and technical expertise, breadth of vision and initiative, commitment and accomplishment, communication skills, and leadership in a manner expected of role models and leaders of the Strategy & Finance Division.
- Maintains memberships in appropriate professional organizations and engages in other industry forums to stay informed of leading and best practices to help advance the business. Develops and maintains knowledge of leading and best business practices. Maintains a high level of expertise in applicable areas of Vanguard’s business lines and the mutual fund industry by keeping current on industry and regulatory developments affecting our business, and fostering an interest in Vanguard’s initiatives and new services and products offered.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Graduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience; MBA or JD preferred.
- Minimum of eight years related work experience required.
- Exceptional client relationship, communication and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional conceptual thinking, analytical and project management skills.
- Excellent leadership, organizational savvy and interpersonal skills.
- Strong track record of delivering exceptional business results.
- Deadline oriented with demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn highly complex and technical concepts quickly.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top