Senior Strategic Support Manager
Vanguard's Institutional Marketing division is conducting a search for a Senior Strategic Support Manager. As the Senior Strategic Support Manager, you will develop, refine, enhance core frameworks across each marketing discipline to ensure agile Marketing Pods and all of Institutional Marketing consistently use modern marketing best practices, helping us to deliver increased value to the Institutional Investor Group (IIG). You will develop business frameworks that provide strategic insights and help our IIG partners with strategic decision making, including decisions related to competitor actions and next best opportunities for IIG to provide value to the marketplace. This individual will e ducate crew members and partners on marketing best practices and develop needed learning and development programs to upskill crew.
The position will be a key role in the Institutional Marketing division as you will provide key support for Institutional Marketing's transformation and lead the strategic planning process for Institutional Marketing.
In this role, you will:
- Educate crew members and partners on marketing best practices and develop needed learning and development programs to upskill crew.
- Develop and implement operational plans to achieve divisional and corporate objectives. Oversees planning, development and execution of short and long range goals. Demonstrates initiative and creativity in independently recommending and implementing marketing solutions. Analyzes costs impacting marketing decisions and other related issues and develops cost effective solutions to marketing issues.
- Maintain regular contact with various stakeholders to ensure that annual marketing plans have been established and are consistent with template in content format, to synthesize the various plans into a comprehensive divisional marketing plan.
- Manage operational efficiency within the group. Sets measurable goals and examines ways to raise standards, increase quality of marketing efforts, and improve overall performance of the unit.
- Evaluate businesses periodically on project efficiency and consistently works to improve project cycle times according to objective data provided by the planner.
- Ensure that project requests are consistent with annual marketing plans.
- Ensure that project workload is balanced with production capacity in optimal manner.
- Develop and maintains a lists of preferred agencies to which communications projects can be out sourced.
A design experience that delivers
Institutional Marketing is in the midst of a unique transformation. The Institutional Marketing leadership team, along with business partners across the enterprise, have spent the last several months designing a brand new future state organization focused around Agile marketing principles. Why are we transforming? We have a goal as a department to become a strategic partner to the IIG business and drive results using data-driven decisions and innovative marketing capabilities. This is an extremely exciting time to be joining marketing. We welcome your experience, expertise and ideas!
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Marketing degree preferred.
- Ten years of related marketing experience.
- Management experience.
- Experience in managing multi-channel, multi-segment marketing campaigns preferred.
- Solid organizations skills and ability to work across multiple functions.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to lead teams.
- Demonstrated initiative self-starting.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top