Senior Specialist, HR Technology
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, is seeking a Senior Specialist, Human Resources (HR) Technology to manage the portfolio of HR technology platforms and provide ongoing production and configuration support.
Your primary duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the HR technology project portfolio, including maintenance of existing applications and support for new projects.
- Plan and manage complex application upgrade releases with core technology vendors (Workday, etc.) according to schedule. Assess release features and initiate projects to adopt new functionality or change existing processes where appropriate. Lead testing efforts (e.g., regression testing) and approval for system elevations. Coordinate change management with business clients.
- Plan, manage and execute complex HR application configuration changes (e.g., workflow, rules, etc.) and maintain documentation for business process maps, workbooks, and procedures as needed to address business needs.
- Support Centers of Excellence (CoEs), Human Resource Business Partners (HRBPs), and Crew Central shared services with all new technology / application implementations. Plan, select, implement and support new HR applications and integrations to meet the changing needs of the organization(s). Anticipate and assess clients’ needs and objectives through planning and consultation. Perform requirements gathering, configuration, documentation, data loading and testing. Communicate progress, issues, and solutions to management and business project clients and stakeholders to obtain their input as appropriate.
- Collaborate with regional Crew Central Specialists and HR Generalists to consistently seek ways to improve HR technology to add value to clients globally.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Vanguard’s HR technologies, tools and applications across various business areas including: compensation, benefits, payroll, recruiting, Vanguard University, leadership development, performance management, culture and inclusion, and crew relations and compliance.
- Stay current with new HR technology, trends and techniques. Provide research, information, and cost-benefit analysis to clients. Recommend direction and alternatives to achieve both long- and short-term objectives. Plan, select, implement and support new HR applications and integrations to meet changing business needs.
- Ensure data integrity by supporting risk and audit activities, including ensuring data integrity and privacy compliance. Maintain the proper security and access rights surrounding the data and take reasonable steps to assure data is used within set policies. Facilitate requests for data and fulfill requests that meet policies, and approve and rectify user access to data.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess
- Undergraduate degree or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ Workday experience with emphasis on Payroll, Time Tracking, Absence and Benefits
- Minimum 5 years’ HR experience; knowledge of HR policies and processes
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Broad understanding of risk, data governance and audit requirements
- Proven teamwork capabilities; strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple (and changing) initiatives
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top