Senior Solutions Architect
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Senior Solutions Architect to execute the vision, strategic direction, and initiative roadmap for strategic, business technology programs. To help define the reference and implementation architectures for strategic, business technology programs. To persuade and influence Business and Information Technology (IT) senior leaders on the architectural direction for strategic, business technology programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides the architectural leadership in shaping strategic, business technology programs, with an emphasis on application architecture. Utilizes domain knowledge and application portfolio knowledge to play a key role in defining the future state of large, business technology programs.
2. Utilizes broad and deep understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
3. Within area of responsibility, continuously pursues advanced knowledge of business technology solutions and maintains understanding of applicable technologies, tools, and services:
- Establishes working relationships with appropriate business technology solution providers (e.g., Salesforce, Charles River, Reuters, etc.).
- Leverages knowledge capital available through subscription research services that target business technology solutions (e.g., Forrester on Digital Business, Cutter on investment management, etc.).
- Leverages the Internet and trade periodicals that focus on the contemporary, competitive, business technology issues within the financial industry.
- Attends financial industry conferences and engages in associated activities (e.g., conducting presentations, leading workshops, etc.).
4. Defines reference and implementation application architectures.
5. Produces technology roadmaps in support of SI’s application portfolio vision and strategy.
6. Monitors application implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
7. Ensures application implementation solutions support the business objectives (asset gathering, cost optimization, client loyalty improvement), as appropriate.
8. Participates in governance team discussions and provides a strong voice on critical decisions.
9. Establishes relationships with senior IT and Business leaders for the purpose of advancing proposed application architecture solutions.
10. Coaches and mentors more junior solution architects.
11. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum eight years relevant work experience.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top