Senior Project Manager - IT Global Sourcing
- Malvern, PA
Stand up for investors as the face of Vanguard
At Vanguard, our investors are at the heart of everything we do. And as a Sr. Project Manager, you'll communicate that every single day. You'll bring the Vanguard story to life, building key internal and external relationships and running the initiatives that advance our mission. Make it count. As a Sr. Project Manager, you will actively participate in the strategic sourcing activities with the goal of achieving key sources of value for Vanguard clients. You will work in IT's Global Resource Strategy and Controls group managing global sourcing partner contracting and corresponding governance, including ongoing supplier performance management and dispute resolution in collaboration with internal stakeholders, including the IT Sub-Division Leads. Additionally, you will lead all related risk assessment and audit interactions related to the sourcing suppliers. You will lead and contribute to team and department-wide projects and initiatives. We look for individuals who can think critically and conceptually, have excellent judgement and decision-making skills and who will make an impact.
In this role you will:
- Play an integral role in strategic sourcing. With deep expertise in global sourcing and third-party relationship management. Collaborate with Legal and other partners to develop and execute Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work, renewals and other contracts to ensure VG is protected and risk are mitigated, including:.
- Develop a thorough and comprehensive understanding of the processes, issues, pertinent regulations and risks associated with engagements.
- Continuous review and oversight of our Service Levels to ensure supplies are held accountable for their performance, including coordination with internal and external reporting and data management teams.
- Manage internal and external planning and execution of supplier risk management activities, including assessments and audits. Tracking and remediation of risk findings. Ability to present findings and industry insights to senior leaders.
- Partner with internal teams developing and executing the resource strategy to drive maximum value.
- Understand the needs and objectives functional constituents. Identify and understand potential linkages between Vanguard's business needs and the relevant industry's trends.
- Ensure that best practices in the sourcing process are followed. Engage risk and other stakeholders as needed for sourcing activity.
- Perform analysis for negotiations and supplier selection.
- Lead high-complexity SOW type of sourcing events.
- Draft the business terms portion of contracts in collaboration with Legal & Compliance and the Sourcing Operations contracting team.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of eight years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
Additional Job Description/Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree required. J.D. preferred.
- Minimum five years general experience with a minimum of two years of experience in financial services.
- Significant experience with IT supplier governance, global interactions, contract compliance, regulatory compliance, performance management and dispute resolution.
- Strong knowledge of IT Service Level Agreements and ability to track related performance for supplier accountability.
- Ability to learn content quickly and apply a strategic lens to the book of business. Apply critical thinking to demand requests and build consensus on efficient solution.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to persuade and influence others.
- Strong project management and time management skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Takes ownership of projects by actively seeking out input from managers.
- Ability to concisely and proactively identify issues to mitigate risk; knows how to escalate accordingly.
- Experience in situations requiring diplomacy. Strong negotiation skills.
Global travel may be required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top