Senior Project Manager
This Senior Project Manager will lead the international agenda within a multi-year strategic program that seeks to transform Vanguard's procurement organization into an Enterprise Supply Management department. The successful candidate will focus on the global organization design and operating model, design and deploy new processes, implement enabling technology to promote scalability, and ensure alignment with the Enterprise Supply Management goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains a multi-year plan for assigned workstream/project that clearly identifies specific actions and tasks needed to achieve future state goals. Provides written and oral communication to many different organizations and audiences within Vanguard on the status of the workstream/projects.
- Works with business clients, division/department leadership, and IT to determine the scope, requirements and future state design for assigned workstream/project and ensures integration with other workstreams/project teams. Works effectively with identified stakeholders to design and implement future state processes, operating models and technology and data enablement solutions.
- Develops and maintains a broad knowledge and awareness of investment industry forces, competition, and trends to assess viability of internal operating models. Monitors financial, legal and other regulatory environments to ensure strategies are aligned with the overall company strategy, program vision and regional market conditions. Develops thorough understanding of Vanguard functional areas. Keeps abreast of current issues in business operations and incorporates changing business needs into project solutions.
- Partners with the Program Leadership Team and Change and Communications team to ensure highly effective communications regarding business readiness and change management. Communicates regularly to key stakeholders in a variety of forums (leadership events, governance meetings, town halls, etc.). Socializes recommendations and/or requests for information/support to an appropriately broad audience throughout Vanguard.
- Proactively identifies, manages, and mitigates risks and any related project issues. Performs root cause analysis, identifies potential solutions, (including the cost/benefit of each option), communicates solutions on key issues or projects to management and business clients to obtain their input and buy-in as appropriate.
- Participates in development of periodic business plans and budgets. Manages financial performance against fiscal plan and forecast for their workstream/projects.
- Assists Program Management in managing in-flight projects. (e.g. Status reporting, overall project plan, issues, risks and dependencies logs, Steering Committee preparation, monitoring of budgets and KPIs). Prepares for and leads key project meetings with internal clients across all stakeholders. Chairs and documents workshops and meetings.
- Develops and manages vendor relationships that are required to meet workstream/project needs.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in business discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible experience, including at least three years of experience managing a variety of process and technology-related projects from beginning to end. Exposure to multi-disciplinary global programs is preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to drive change, generate creative approaches/solutions and the desire to shape a "best in class" global organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to enhancing knowledge of global financial services industry, unfamiliar business operations and technology. Assertively seeks out information through internal and external business partners and industry network.
- Proven track record in creating win-win scenarios by building relationships, persuading and influencing, gaining buy-in from stakeholders with diverse objectives and perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with senior management and key stakeholder groups as well as various levels of staff and management across the organization.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to think strategically.
- Ability to motivate others and foster teamwork.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills/presentation skills.
- Excellent judgment and ability to analyze and resolve issues.
- Ability to function in a fast paced, somewhat ambiguous environment, balancing numerous activities simultaneously.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top