Senior Product Owner, Client Experience
Lead the journey to change
Vanguard is changing how the world invests. Vanguard believes that Client Experience is core to continued growth and success in the marketplace. As a Senior Product Owner, you are focused on delivering world-class experiences and investor outcomes at speed through multidisciplinary lab teams fully organized around client journeys.
You will own multiple client journey labs. The journey labs will be responsible for owning the end-to-end client experience for our client's most important interactions with Vanguard. In addition, you will serve as a coach for CX lab teams as new initiatives are launched, applying Design Thinking and Agile principles and methodologies.
In this high-visibility role, you will:
•\tDirectly lead client journey labs, setting the strategic vision and ensuring the teams are delivering and aligning on goals.
•\tLead and support journey owners as they stand-up new journey labs (e.g., dive into day-to-day operations and tasks of the lab until it is up and running smoothly).
•\tMentor and coach CX teams and guide them on how to use design thinking and agile practices and values to achieve greater outcomes, shielding the team from external pressures to maintain productivity.
•\tMotivate the CX journey teams and maintain momentum of the journeys through changing or conflicting priorities.
•\tEffectively leads and develops a team and creates an environment that is conducive to partnership, innovation and objectivity, which motivates a highly competent, driven and productive team. Sets measurable goals and examines ways to raise standards, to increase quality, and to improve overall performance of the team.
•\tCommunicate the status of CX journey labs to Chief Journey Office and work with business partners to quickly resolve business delivery issues and support/drive critical issues where required to enable rapid delivery.
Turn your passion into opportunity
At Vanguard, we're leading the future of investing, and in this important leadership role, you will help in standing up a premier Client Experience function that will better understand client behaviors and deliver superior experiences across all businesses, products and channels. Together we're a powerful force for change and progress.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- 10 or more years' work experience in process re-engineering, strategy, or a client-centric function; experience across B2B and B2C environments preferred, including 3+ years of people management experience and leading large cross-functional/cross-regional teams on major organizational projects
- Strong leader who is able to align teams on client journey lab vision and goals, and who has effectively led agile and key partner in the past in a collaborative manner
- Proven ability to obtain input from partners like clients, end-users, team, managers, etc. and translate inputs into requirements and decisions needed to build a better product
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of agile, with strong digital & technical skills and user experience standard methodologies
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Also, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued dedication to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
Back to top