Senior Multi Asset Product Manager
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice seeks a Senior Multi Asset Product Manager for their Product Management team. Vanguard is based on a simple but revolutionary idea-that a mutual fund company should be managed in the sole interest of its investors. To ensure that the interests of investors always come first, Vanguard is owned by the Vanguard funds, which in turn are owned by the investors. We’re still the only company structured this way. Today, we state our mission broadly: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
The Product Management team serves as the hub of specialized product expertise for clients across the institutional, financial advisor and retail markets served by Vanguard. This interdisciplinary team of investment professionals is responsible for engaging with clients, consultants and advisors; assessing and managing the health of Vanguard’s product line-up; and ensuring the firm’s investment offerings are appropriately positioned in the market place. The Product Management group also recommends potential improvements to Vanguard products based on research, analysis and direct client insights. Finally, members of the Product Management team collaborate extensively with portfolio managers, investment strategists, marketing professionals and leaders across Vanguard’s major lines of business to support the success of new and existing investment products.
The Senior Multi Asset Product Manager will be responsible for representing Vanguard’s target-date, target-risk and other multi-asset class strategies in front of a wide range of institutional and advisory clients. This position will work closely with Vanguard’s Investment Strategy Group, Investment Management Group and other thought leaders to effectively represent the firm’s multi-asset investment philosophy to some of the largest and most sophisticated institutions and retirement plans in the country. Further, the Senior Product Manager will critically assess how these products are performing in the marketplace, and how Vanguard’s multi-asset products are positioned relative to similar offerings. This individual will use the information and insights they gain through these activities to champion recommendations that aim to improve the overall investment experience for Vanguard’s clients
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a key ambassador of Vanguard’s investment philosophy and how it is uniquely applied in constructing the firm’s multi-asset products, with a particular emphasis on the Vanguard Target Retirement Funds. Provides robust counsel to large retirement plans and their advisors, reflecting a deep understanding for not only Vanguard’s investment products, but the role they play within the broader, dynamic retirement savings ecosystem. Is able to take advanced concepts in capital markets, portfolio construction and investor psychology and effectively communicate them in an effective manner across a wide range of client types.
- Attends and presents at industry conferences and client specific events related to the funds in your product category. Publishes thought leadership commentary in support of the Vanguard product lineup. Oversees the creation of dynamic content and technical marketing used to position Vanguard investment products and to respond to investor queries. Contributes to new product launches in partnership with Product Strategy teams, and develops go-to Market strategies with the business marketing teams
- Leads analyses of investment product issues confronting Vanguard’s Multi Asset product line-up (e.g. new products, product improvements, mergers/liquidations). Leverages and manages cross-functional teams as required. Prepares and presents strategic analysis and recommendations to senior management at various forums.
- Provides investment support and guidance to relationship management and sales teams on the product category; participates in meetings with financial advisors, plan sponsors, intermediaries, and UHNW investors.
- Supports business line investment product research agendas to enhance client experience and business results. Contributes to business specific asset management committees to share information about your suite of products and to help the businesses prioritize initiatives related to those products. Also works with our corporate financial teams to inform product pricing.
- Undergraduate economics or finance degree; MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- Minimum ten years of industry experience; with a demonstrated track record of engaging with senior investment decision makers within the investment management, investment consulting or asset owner communities.
- Advanced knowledge of the investment management and retirement planning landscape, along with an in-depth understanding of the principles of asset management and investment markets.
- Excellent relationship management, collaboration and influence skills.
- Proven experience communicating complicated investment topics to sophisticated clients
- Demonstrated record of initiative and career advancement and the ability to work independently at a high level.
- Superior interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills. Ability to build trust and work effectively with senior management and internal and external partners at all levels.
- Willingness to travel
- Series 7 and 63 licenses or ability to obtain within 6 months.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top