Senior Marketing Writer - Financial Services
Vanguard's Institutional Marketing Division is conducting a search for three (3) Senior Writers. As a
Senior Marketing Writer
, you will be aligned with an Agile marketing pod and:
- Write optimized and integrated marketing copy for a wide variety of channels and audiences.
- Create content iterations deployed through rapid tests, with a focus on maximizing conversion and other desired behaviors.
- Contribute to pod-specific message strategy development.
- Create copy in line with strategy (content, brand, etc.), hypotheses, positioning, style guides, compliance, etc.
- Collaborate closely with a design strategist to create cohesive and optimal customer experiences.
- Keep creative ambitions high-push team to stretch the boundaries by driving creativity and proposing bold ideas while honoring the brand.
- Present mock-ups and final creative at necessary approval meetings.
In this role, you will:
- Brainstorm and develop creative concepts with clients and colleagues incorporating a deep understanding of the business and industry. Gathers comments and feedback from editors, editorial and content managers, subject matter experts, and other relevant parties. Provides insightful feedback to content submitters.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of assigned industry and of Vanguard products, processes, and/or services. Research new topics as necessary.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in identifying and meeting client needs.
- Serve as mentor to less experienced writers by providing specific feedback on their copy, story ideas, new media formatting, and interviewing skills.
- Contribute and oversee content creation from the planning or draft stage to completion. Assist with evaluating and fine-tuning project scope, content strategy, requirements, and deadlines.
- Respond to edits and changes from subject matter experts with flexibility, while maintaining quality and accuracy. Teach and set Vanguard writing style and standards.
A design experience that delivers
Institutional Marketing is in the midst of a unique transformation. The Institutional Marketing leadership team, along with business partners across the enterprise, have spent the last several months designing a brand new future state organization focused around Agile marketing principles. Why are we transforming? We have a goal as a department to become a strategic partner to the IIG business and drive results using data-driven decisions and innovative marketing capabilities. This is an extremely exciting time to be joining marketing. We welcome your experience, expertise and ideas!
What it takes:
- Minimum five years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Financial Services experience, preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top