Senior Manager, User Experience (UX) Design
- Malvern, PA
Senior Manager, User Experience (UX) Design
intuitive through the user experience
The Senior Manager for User Experience (UX) Design , will join the Product Management team within Financial Advisory Services (FAS) Strategy & Deve l opment to help research, design , pilot and release a full suite of digital product s that enable advisors to deliver value to their clients (e.g., investment services tools, digital advice) . The Senior Manager will be equal parts practitioner and manager, helping to env ision and define offer product s and roadmaps , and establish ing a strong community of practice to support UX strategists and designers aligned to durable product teams .
They will be deeply oriented around Vanguard clients and lead the team through best practices in design thinking with the client at the center. They will advocate for best practices in human computer interaction and design strategy with obsessive focus on purposeful design that addresses a human need or solves a problem. They will have a deep understanding of design systems and how to leverage such systems to support a seamless client experience while speeding product development.
They will help set and manage the creative vision and design strategy, and translate it into tactical execution. They will help define the organization, its objectives, and its processes, with responsibility for the caliber of the creative product. They will manage and guide the work and careers of the designated team of designers through mentoring, training, and motivating the staff.
In this role, you will:
- Play a central role in helping to articulate and refine digital experiences supporting the business' multi-channel offer strategy.
- C ollaborate seamlessly with cross-functional agile team s spanning strategy, business readiness, product management, UX and technology .
- Lead the designated design team and crew supporting programs. Suppor t the overall direction and strategy for the UX design function.
- Create a culture of holistic experience design , thinking explicitly about every point of contact that impacts the client experience.
- Build lean design experimentation process with emphasis on rapid prototyping to validate assumptions.
- Demonstrat e knowledge of existing and future product and service offerings. Support strategy and positioning for design that accurately and persuasively reflects Vanguard's philosophy and communication approach with clients.
- Effectively lead and manage a team and create an environment that is conducive to teamwork, innovation and objectivity, which motivates a highly competent, driven and productive team.
- Set measurable goals and examine ways to raise standards, to increase quality, and to improve overall performance of the team.
- Partner with the UX & Marketing teams across Vanguard to establish and maintain consistency in UX Design practices across the organization.
- F orecast design technology needs to enable team success . Collect and share research from a variety of sources, internal/external experts, the Web, books, etc. to stay abreast of design tools and techniques.
What it takes
- An undergraduate degree in Design or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree/studies preferred.
- Minimum eight years experience in a UX design studio and/or UX /CX corporate environment.
- Experience working with Agile cross-functional teams, to design, deliver and continuously improve enduring digital products.
- Experience working in the Financial Services sector, ideally with Advisor-facing (B2B2 C) products.
- Fluent in the languages, processes, and deliverables of each creative discipline: branding, user-centered research, strategy and design, and content strategy.
- A solid understanding of information architecture principles and practice s and experience with mobile-first design.
- Recognized thought-leader and expert in the creative community.
- Ability to understand and communicate customer needs and business strategies.
- Excellent people-management skills with the proven ability to motivate others and foster teamwork.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to handle complex client situations and interact with all levels within Vanguard organization, as well as in clients' organization.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top